Contribute
Register

WIFI all the sudden won't detect networks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working on 10.8 on one partition, had Wifi working. I've installed 10.9.3 on my second partition, had everything working apart from Wifi. I'm not seeing any networks at all, in both boots. I'm hoping this isn't a hardware issue. Seems odd that I'm now having the same problem in both versions...

Verify the hardware is working in Windows or Linux.

This is just for advice :
I faced the wifi issue yesterday on 10.9.3 ( pbook 4530s with stock atheros9285 )
Pressing button doesn't work ( probably in 10.8 was working ... i don't remember )
Wifi wasn't working. Tryed to reboot, unplug battery/powercord, 35sec power button pressed. No way.
After this i remeber that the day before i soft deactivate wifi in linux kde networkmanager ..
So back in linux, activate wifi ( and veryfied if is working ) .. rebooted on Osx, wifi working on osx.
So, just for curiosity and with working wifi, i tried to press wifi-button ( for 5s, and after 10s ... ) .. no way, seems wifi button is deactivated and not working. ( so wifi always on )
In osx i usually deactivate wifi via network software.

This is just for advice :
I faced the wifi issue yesterday on 10.9.3 ( pbook 4530s with stock atheros9285 )
Pressing button doesn't work ( probably in 10.8 was working ... i don't remember )
Wifi wasn't working. Tryed to reboot, unplug battery/powercord, 35sec power button pressed. No way.
After this i remeber that the day before i soft deactivate wifi in linux kde networkmanager ..
So back in linux, activate wifi ( and veryfied if is working ) .. rebooted on Osx, wifi working on osx.
So, just for curiosity and with working wifi, i tried to press wifi-button ( for 5s, and after 10s ... ) .. no way, seems wifi button is deactivated and not working. ( so wifi always on )
In osx i usually deactivate wifi via network software.

The Wifi button works, but there is no indication anywhere of its state. The LED is not accurate, and OS X always sees it as "on" (software controlled only). The only way you know it is on/off is to be patient and wait for networks to appear...

The Wifi button works, but there is no indication anywhere of its state. The LED is not accurate, and OS X always sees it as "on" (software controlled only). The only way you know it is on/off is to be patient and wait for networks to appear...

Yes, you are right. Tryed now, after powering on laptop: is necessary press wifi-button for 2/3sec and access point list disappear. pressing again and the list appear.

After first clean Yosemite install my Atheros 9287 worked and saw all networks. But after reinstalling it won't see. But on Mavericks it still working on same driver. I don't understand why. Please help. It makes me crazy

I have got some wierd issues with my 4530s wifi. Its has been working perfectly for a year or so, now I have beach ball when watching youtube or twitch, all the panel at the right where wifi and battery-language settings are have a beachball and the network stop working! I see some suspicious webkit error in the logs but I do not sure is it the webkit itself or some kind of update. Plz help.

I have got some wierd issues with my 4530s wifi. Its has been working perfectly for a year or so, now I have beach ball when watching youtube or twitch, all the panel at the right where wifi and battery-language settings are have a beachball and the network stop working! I see some suspicious webkit error in the logs but I do not sure is it the webkit itself or some kind of update. Plz help.

Which guide did you follow?

Are you really still running Lion?

Clover uefi guide, using Yose 10.10.3 now.

Clover uefi guide, using Yose 10.10.3 now.

Post in Yosemite ProBook forum. This forum is only for Lion, as should be clear from the forum title, "Lion Laptop Support → HP ProBook 4530s"

Oh sheeee)) Sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back