Graphics
GTX-660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My daughter mentioned that here laptop (HP Probook 4530) won't connect to the internet so I started to investigate what may be wrong with it. I noticed here date/time was also off even though it was set to "set time/date automatically". Also some video glitches on the screen.
Laptop had 10.8.2 on it so I decided to install 10.8.4 and use the latest Probook installer (V6.1).
Everything but the WIFI is back to normal. The WIFI still will not detect any networks. When I try and enter the Network info manually it doesn't find the network.

Is this a software issue or a hardware issue?
Any assistance on this is much appreciated.

Attachments

• Wifi_SH.png
    Wifi_SH.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 728
My daughter mentioned that here laptop (HP Probook 4530) won't connect to the internet so I started to investigate what may be wrong with it. I noticed here date/time was also off even though it was set to "set time/date automatically". Also some video glitches on the screen.
Laptop had 10.8.2 on it so I decided to install 10.8.4 and use the latest Probook installer (V6.1).
Everything but the WIFI is back to normal. The WIFI still will not detect any networks. When I try and enter the Network info manually it doesn't find the network.

Is this a software issue or a hardware issue?
Any assistance on this is much appreciated.

Does it work on Windows or Lunux?
Did you try the on/off WiFi button? (be patient after you press it; the changes are not immediate)

I do not have any other OS installed currently.

It does a quick search "looking for networks" but doesn't come up with any networks. This after turning it off and back on.

I do have the original HD with windows installed on it. I guess I could remove the SSD and replace it with the HD to see what happens.

I do not have any other OS installed currently.

Create a Linux 'live' USB.

It does a quick search "looking for networks" but doesn't come up with any networks. This after turning it off and back on.

Go slow. Press button once. Wait. Test. Press button again. Wait. Test.

I do have the original HD with windows installed on it. I guess I could remove the SSD and replace it with the HD to see what happens.

Or see above...

Also check that you have it enabled in BIOS!

Does it work on Windows or Lunux?
Did you try the on/off WiFi button? (be patient after you press it; the changes are not immediate)

This solved my problem.
My wifi card suddenly won't detect any network even through the wifi LED light is on!

In fact, the LED light is not controlled by .kext of hachintash yet. So that should be grateful if fixed.

This solved my problem.
My wifi card suddenly won't detect any network even through the wifi LED light is on!

In fact, the LED light is not controlled by .kext of hachintash yet. So that should be grateful if fixed.

You cannot depend on the state of the LED to determine on/off state.

You cannot depend on the state of the LED to determine on/off state.

Now I knew it.
But I do notice the touchpad light is on while booting and after that it is off. So the Wifi LED light could be fixed as it should be.

Now I knew it.
But I do notice the touchpad light is on while booting and after that it is off. So the Wifi LED light could be fixed as it should be.

When you fix it, let us know.

I've been working on 10.8 on one partition, had Wifi working. I've installed 10.9.3 on my second partition, had everything working apart from Wifi. I'm not seeing any networks at all, in both boots. I'm hoping this isn't a hardware issue. Seems odd that I'm now having the same problem in both versions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back