i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 that worked beautifully on Mavericks. When I upgraded to Yosemite and switched over to Clover, I noticed that some strange noise showed up in two places.
1. When playing videos with quicktime player, the entire screen would be noise but if I jump around a bit, the noise clears up. [EDIT]Also when playing with VLC, there are no problems.
2. When I click on a certain icon on my taskbar, the entire icon turns to noise.

Are there are settings I should be trying with Clover? I'm completely new to it.

Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 6.44.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-21 at 6.40.29 PM.jpg

bump. Anyone else at least having this problem?

Tried both. No change. Thanks for the thought.

Any other suggestions? No one else having this issue?

Tried both. No change. Thanks for the thought.

Any other suggestions? No one else having this issue?

I've noticed this with my GTX 760 too - on a new Motherboard and using UEFI Clover as boot loader. Were you able to figure out the issue? I noticed it in the graphics demo of the mouse scrolling in the Mouse System Prefs section.

Hi all,

I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 that worked beautifully on Mavericks. When I upgraded to Yosemite and switched over to Clover, I noticed that some strange noise showed up in two places.
1. When playing videos with quicktime player, the entire screen would be noise but if I jump around a bit, the noise clears up. [EDIT]Also when playing with VLC, there are no problems.
2. When I click on a certain icon on my taskbar, the entire icon turns to noise.

Are there are settings I should be trying with Clover? I'm completely new to it.

View attachment 108957View attachment 108955

Change your system definition to iMac14,2.

Good Luck

Change your system definition to iMac14,2.

Good Luck

Hmm I tried that and it still seems to happen :/

Anything else you changed to get it to fix it?

Hmm I tried that and it still seems to happen :/

Anything else you changed to get it to fix it?

Yes, disable the onboard graphics.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back