i5-3570k
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all.
As per my profile I have a rebuild from mavericks to Catalina. This machine has an installed ssd and a swap ssd. Shut the machine down and disconnect the data lead and move it to the other ssd. One working drive one practice drive works a treat.
Catalina was setup and with Ethernet connected worked fine. Even got the 10.15.7 security 004 and 005 installed.

Followed Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide] on tonymacx86 site for Wi-Fi part and hey good to go. Swapped drives and made the working drive Wi-Fi. Fantastic.

Bluetooth not so good This is where I would like some help please.
Followed the BT part to get Rehabman / OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM from the included link. Latest version 2018.
The two files, Firmware repo and PatchRAM2 from instructions in the Rehabman readme
  • BrcmPatchRAM.kext: for 10.10 or earlier.
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext: for 10.11 or later. Catalina I think is later than 10.11.
, were put on the desktop and following the instructions installed with kextbeast to L/E.
Restart the machine and no HDMI sound, Wi-Fi or Ethernet and pointer moving is very erratic. Mad panic. Restart again same scenario but did not restart again just left it sitting there while wiping the tears from my eyes. Good job it was only the swap drive. During this five minutes the sys pref when opened seemed to freeze. After about five minutes the Wi-Fi symbol appeared on the apple bar of the screen. Checking sys pref all was back working EXCEPT HDMI sound. Checked 'about this Mac" and under audio HDMI was missing.
Shutting down and restarting is very slow. About two to three minutes each way.

So what help would I like?
#1 Is there a tutorial on how to remove kexts from L/E. When I did this with maverick you just drag them in and out to suit. From what I can see apple do not want you rummaging around these files. This tutorial may be quicker than a complete reinstall, although the whole thing only takes about 25 minutes.
#2 How comes it knocked out the HDMI sound? I checked, using CC, the setup in the config.plist and nothing had changed. In my previous conversations with Edhawk and Feartech setting the CPU id and CPU platform id got the HDMI sound working.

Thanks in advance guys

it is great to be part of this community.

Lesli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back