Contribute
Register

Wi-fi problems AR-9382 chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
evga x58 FTW
CPU
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
Graphics
EVGA gxt770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

I just bought a new pci-e wireless card and it is recognized in MacOS 10.9.2 Mavericks but it will not recognize any nearby networks and is essentially non-functional. The card has an Atheros AR9382 chipset. I saw on some other posts from mid-last year that some people were having problems with cards with this chipset and I was wondering if anyone has found a solution? Is there a driver or kext or something that I can install to make it work?

Alternatively, is there a way to block MacOS from initializing this Pci-e card? I could use my old wireless card for MacOSX and the new one for my Windows and Linux builds if so...

Thank you!

-maccheese4

Hello everyone,

I just bought a new pci-e wireless card and it is recognized in MacOS 10.9.2 Mavericks but it will not recognize any nearby networks and is essentially non-functional. The card has an Atheros AR9382 chipset. I saw on some other posts from mid-last year that some people were having problems with cards with this chipset and I was wondering if anyone has found a solution? Is there a driver or kext or something that I can install to make it work?

Alternatively, is there a way to block MacOS from initializing this Pci-e card? I could use my old wireless card for MacOSX and the new one for my Windows and Linux builds if so...

Thank you!

-maccheese4

AR9382 is not supported.

For supported cards see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Ah, ok.

Do you know if there is a way to keep mac OS from looking at that Pci-e slot by any chance so I can still use it with my other OS's?

Thanks for your quick reply, btw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back