Contribute
Register

Wi-Fi: No hardware installed (IO80211Family not loaded)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SOLVED] Wi-Fi: No hardware installed (IO80211Family not loaded)

Hi guys,
i've been struggling with this for a long time so im finally here to ask for help.

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.2 with uni/multi beast install for about 5 months now. Everything is working great thanks to this exceptional community. Except WiFi. Running on lan cable for some time i bought TL-WDN4800 as i read online that it's supported out of the box. Unfortunately all i got when rebooted was Wi-Fi: No hardware installed under the wifi menubar icon. Since then i tried all sorts of things like running disk permissions, used kext utility to try out different IO80211Family kexts, etc. Still nothing.

One thing i've noticed is that my IO80211Family kext is not even loaded. I changed the files permissions with chown -R root:wheel but no dice. I've tried booting with -x flag and it's the same. I've tried verbose mode and from what i could tell (the screen goes by quite fast) there are no errors.

Please help out im getting desperate since im fixing this for so long. I'm also available on Skype if someone feels like helping out.

Best,
Lucijan

Screenshot 2015-05-05 19.27.40.png

Hi guys,
i've been struggling with this for a long time so im finally here to ask for help.

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.2 with uni/multi beast install for about 5 months now. Everything is working great thanks to this exceptional community. Except WiFi. Running on lan cable for some time i bought TL-WDN4800 as i read online that it's supported out of the box. Unfortunately all i got when rebooted was Wi-Fi: No hardware installed under the wifi menubar icon. Since then i tried all sorts of things like running disk permissions, used kext utility to try out different IO80211Family kexts, etc. Still nothing.

One thing i've noticed is that my IO80211Family kext is not even loaded. I changed the files permissions with chown -R root:wheel but no dice. I've tried booting with -x flag and it's the same. I've tried verbose mode and from what i could tell (the screen goes by quite fast) there are no errors.

Please help out im getting desperate since im fixing this for so long. I'm also available on Skype if someone feels like helping out.

Best,
Lucijan

View attachment 136376

Suggesting a solution would require knowing what chipset your WiFi card has. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out. Then pick the appropriate solution from the sticky thread, linked below.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

thanks for your help.

i returned the broken piece and got a new one. This one works out of the box, just like the thread you pointed me to suggests. but im puzzled by the Wi-Fi: not configured state even though i'm connected to a network and it seem so work ok:

Screenshot 2015-05-08 12.43.47.pngScreenshot 2015-05-08 12.43.14.png

EDIT:

never mind, i had to uncheck/check Show Wi-Fi status in menu bar:

Screenshot 2015-05-08 12.54.45.png

No functioning WiFi hardware installed.

Hi, I have the same situation!

How to make so that the MacBook saw Wifi hardware?

After updating 2 macs on my Wi-Fi icon it was written - No hardware! I decided to reinstall from scratch, I thought after reinstallation they themselves will pick up ... and now does not see at all (((

On both Yosemite systems, 1 - Macbook Pro7.1; 2 - Macbook Pro5.1
No backup(( I tried to set IO80211Family.kext, Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext the result 0. DPCI Manager - does not see Wi-Fi Adapter (((( what to do I do not know ...

Can you help in this situation?

Last edited:
Hi, I have the same situation!

How to make so that the MacBook saw Wifi hardware?

After updating 2 macs on my Wi-Fi icon it was written - No hardware! I decided to reinstall from scratch, I thought after reinstallation they themselves will pick up ... and now does not see at all (((

On both Yosemite systems, 1 - Macbook Pro7.1; 2 - Macbook Pro5.1
No backup(( I tried to set IO80211Family.kext, Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext the result 0. DPCI Manager - does not see Wi-Fi Adapter (((( what to do I do not know ...

Can you help in this situation?

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Attached 2 files, and how to attach EFI / Clover I do not know ((

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    352.9 KB · Views: 289
  • Terminal.zip
    553.6 KB · Views: 255
Attached 2 files, and how to attach EFI / Clover I do not know ((

From ioreg, this looks like a real Mac, not a hack... This site is for non-Apple hardware...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back