Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370 A-II
CPU
i5-9400F
Graphics
RX 570
Hi all,

Noticing very slow speeds when accessing internet from wi-fi. Previously I had been using a wired connection with no issues. Macbook wifi from same location clocking in at 80 mbps down, hack is getting 8. Often the upload speed is slightly higher.

Running OC 066 on Big Sur 11.6.4
Asus Prime Z370 A-II
i5-9400F
RX 570
Fenvi BCM4360 AC1200
Asus Alpine Ridge TB3 Card

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• OC.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 52
Fenvi cards come with tremendously awful antennas. Try replacing them with some different ones. I used to have the infamous t919 card, and it was barely usable unless you were right on top of the bluetooth device or wifi AP. New antennas helped a great deal.

Thanks for the suggestion - Tx rate at 2.4ghz is 75. This could be it, but the router is only about 20 feet away in an open room.

You might also want to have a read of the first post in this thread.

You also might want to think about the following:
  1. Changing your system SMBIOS from iMac19,1 to iMacPro1,1.
    • Your system doesn't have an IGPU, the iMac19,1 expects an IGPU to be present and used with a headless framebuffer.
    • The iMacPro1,1 doesn't expect an IGPU to be present, so this better matches your system.
  2. You shouldn't need the ASMedia.kext as the ASM2142 USB controller is natively supported in macOS. I have a few hackintosh systems all running Catalina or newer, which use ASMedia USB ports, ASM1142, ASM2142 and ASM3142 controllers, and none of them require a similar kext.
  3. Your USBPorts.kext seems to be missing a few ports, as only 11 of the maximum 15 ports are present in the kext.
    • Your Asus Z370-A II motherboard has the following USB ports & headers:
      • 2 x USB2 physical ports on rear I/O (2 x ports)
      • 3 x USB3 (Type-A) physical ports on rear I/O (6 x ports)
      • 1 x Type-C physical port on rear I/O (2 x ports)
      • 2 x USB3 headers on motherboard (8 x ports)
      • 2 x USB2 headers on motherboard (4 x ports)
    • This means your board has a total of 22 USB ports available.
    • You are activating 11/22 ports in your USBPorts.kext
    • Neither of the 2 x USB ports on the rear I/O are activated.
    • 1 of the 4 possible USB2 Internal header ports is being activated, for your Bluetooth module.
    • 10 of the 14 possible USB3 ports are being activated.
      • This surprisingly includes 6 x USB2 virtual ports and only 4 x USB3 physical ports. This is what causes me to think your kext is not set correctly.
    • The Type-C port on the rear I/O is not being activated.
    • You can include 4 additional ports in your USB configuration.
  4. You could use HfsPlus.efi in place of OpenHfsPlus.efi, as HfsPlus is a better driver.
  5. You have a lot of SSDT's in your ACPI folder, not sure you need all of them.
    • The USBPorts.kext contains the USB power settings, so you only require SSDT-EC.aml not an SSDT-EC-USBX.aml table.
    • I am not sure you need both the SSDT-RHUB-Reset.aml and SSDT-RP05-XHC.aml tables. As they seem to be doing the same task.
    • You generated the SSDT-PLUG.aml and SSDT-RHUB-Reset.aml tables using Corpnewt's SSDTTime script. So why aren't you using the SSDT-EC.aml that could also be generated with this script?
    • Does your Z370 Coffee Lake system not need the SSDT-AWAC-DISABLE.aml table?
You might want to think about updating the version of OpenCore you are using, as you seem to be using OC 0.6.6 from February 2021. The latest release as of July 2022 is OC 0.8.2, there have been some significant changes in how OC works via the config.plist and behind the scenes.

You are the man. Thank you so much, will report back once I address.

You also might want to think about the following:
  1. Changing your system SMBIOS from iMac19,1 to iMacPro1,1.
    • Your system doesn't have an IGPU, the iMac19,1 expects an IGPU to be present and used with a headless framebuffer.
    • The iMacPro1,1 doesn't expect an IGPU to be present, so this better matches your system.
  2. You shouldn't need the ASMedia.kext as the ASM2142 USB controller is natively supported in macOS. I have a few hackintosh systems all running Catalina or newer, which use ASMedia USB ports, ASM1142, ASM2142 and ASM3142 controllers, and none of them require a similar kext.
  3. Your USBPorts.kext seems to be missing a few ports, as only 11 of the maximum 15 ports are present in the kext.
    • Your Asus Z370-A II motherboard has the following USB ports & headers:
      • 2 x USB2 physical ports on rear I/O (2 x ports)
      • 3 x USB3 (Type-A) physical ports on rear I/O (6 x ports)
      • 1 x Type-C physical port on rear I/O (2 x ports)
      • 2 x USB3 headers on motherboard (8 x ports)
      • 2 x USB2 headers on motherboard (4 x ports)
    • This means your board has a total of 22 USB ports available.
    • You are activating 11/22 ports in your USBPorts.kext
    • Neither of the 2 x USB ports on the rear I/O are activated.
    • 1 of the 4 possible USB2 Internal header ports is being activated, for your Bluetooth module.
    • 10 of the 14 possible USB3 ports are being activated.
      • This surprisingly includes 6 x USB2 virtual ports and only 4 x USB3 physical ports. This is what causes me to think your kext is not set correctly.
    • The Type-C port on the rear I/O is not being activated.
    • You can include 4 additional ports in your USB configuration.
  4. You could use HfsPlus.efi in place of OpenHfsPlus.efi, as HfsPlus is a better driver.
  5. You have a lot of SSDT's in your ACPI folder, not sure you need all of them.
    • The USBPorts.kext contains the USB power settings, so you only require SSDT-EC.aml not an SSDT-EC-USBX.aml table.
    • I am not sure you need both the SSDT-RHUB-Reset.aml and SSDT-RP05-XHC.aml tables. As they seem to be doing the same task.
    • You generated the SSDT-PLUG.aml and SSDT-RHUB-Reset.aml tables using Corpnewt's SSDTTime script. So why aren't you using the SSDT-EC.aml that could also be generated with this script?
    • Does your Z370 Coffee Lake system not need the SSDT-AWAC-DISABLE.aml table?
You might want to think about updating the version of OpenCore you are using, as you seem to be using OC 0.6.6 from February 2021. The latest release as of July 2022 is OC 0.8.2, there have been some significant changes in how OC works via the config.plist and behind the scenes.
OK finally got around to this...

1. I changed SMBIOS as recommended.

2. I thought I needed ASMedia because of this Golden Build guide. However, I have removed it for my current OC upgrade EFI.

3. I remapped my USB, kext attached.

4. I have swapped in HFSplus.

5. I have compiled a new EC from SSDTTime. I removed both RHUB and RP05 for the time being and also my Thunderbolt ACPIs to keep upgrade simple and see if I can just get it to boot.

Currently I am stuck at AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] according to log. Computer doesn't hang, but restarts.

I've checked Doritania guide (CGF lock and Vt-d are disabled) and I've tried both settings below.

Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 7.55.16 PM.png

Not sure where to go from here. EFI and log attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 29
  • opencore-2022-10-23-232136.txt
    256 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Try this revised/edited EFI on your Z370 system. It should boot your system running Big Sur, Monterey or Ventura.

You just need to add your Serial Number etc to the config.plist.

Also use the Clear Nvram tool on the OC boot screen (press Spacebar to display hidden tools).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 36
Update (prior to seeing @Edhawk's reply):

Somehow my BIOS had reverted to an older version, not sure how that happened, but it did.

So I updated my BIOS to latest version (3004), applied necessary changes, and then generated new EC and PLUG (not sure if this was necessary but couldn't hurt).

Still the same problem.

So I tried it with the Windows SSD disconnected. Same issue.

Ran the debug version (log attached). My firmware does NOT support MAT so I'm currently running it with EnableWriteUnprotector=True, RebuildAppleMemoryMap=False, SynRuntimePermission=False.

Attachments

• opencore-2022-10-24-171043.txt
    256 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back