Intel i5-6600
Graphics
Geforce GTX 970 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Recently finished a hackintosh build and have been struggling with the wifi card. AirportAtheros40 kext won't load, and the wifi icon in the menu bar is not appearing and the wifi config pane in preferences -> network won't appear. Ethernet works.

My specs are -
Motherboard: GA-Z170X-UD5-TH
Processor: Intel i5-6600
Graphics: GTX 970 4gb
Wifi Card: TL-WDN4800
macOS version: 10.12.6

Installed sierra with clover via unibeast and post-installation with multibeast

Config.plist is attached

Thanks!

Attachments

• config copy.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 293
@anenger, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Updated thanks

OP, did you get this working in the end? I'm thinking about getting the same adapter.

OP, did you get this working in the end? I'm thinking about getting the same adapter.

I had nothing but trouble with this card, bought 2 and returned both for the same issue to amazon.

They had connectivity issues unless the security for the network was TKIP, they couldn't handle AES for some reason at all, which is the default setting windows chooses, I didn't get it working with Yosemite either.

Should probably keep shopping around and maybe look into the Fenvi card Tony recommends, I have been eyeing it a lot.

Hi,

Recently finished a hackintosh build and have been struggling with the wifi card. AirportAtheros40 kext won't load, and the wifi icon in the menu bar is not appearing and the wifi config pane in preferences -> network won't appear. Ethernet works.

My specs are -
Motherboard: GA-Z170X-UD5-TH
Processor: Intel i5-6600
Graphics: GTX 970 4gb
Wifi Card: TL-WDN4800
macOS version: 10.12.6

Installed sierra with clover via unibeast and post-installation with multibeast

Config.plist is attached

Thanks!

What kexts are you using if any, which slot is the card in, and does system profiler recognize the card at all?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back