ASUS 9800GT 1GB VRAM
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello

I have a motherboard GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 with BIOS F8 and i have installed os x lion release 10.7.2. All works well except the wifi after sleep. The machine goes to sleep fine, but when it wake-up the wifi is disconnecting and I need reset the machine. I have a PCI Atheros wifi (D-Links AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless) and with Snow leopard it worked fine. I´ve seen some "solutions" in some forums, but don´t work for me. Anybody with the same problem? Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure how WiFi works on desktops for Macs, but for my MacBook whenever my laptop went idle/screen turned off the WiFi would disconnect. The only solution I found was to use InsomniaX to prevent it from happening.

http://insomniax.semaja2.net/InsomniaX-2.0.tar.gz

Not sure if it's needed or not for Desktops, once I get my WiFi card's signal strength working properly I'll test it out and see..

eurisko1 said:
Hello

I have a motherboard GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 with BIOS F8 and i have installed os x lion release 10.7.2. All works well except the wifi after sleep. The machine goes to sleep fine, but when it wake-up the wifi is disconnecting and I need reset the machine. I have a PCI Atheros wifi (D-Links AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless) and with Snow leopard it worked fine. I´ve seen some "solutions" in some forums, but don´t work for me. Anybody with the same problem? Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

hi, i have also the same problem with my wifi-card. If i start my pc, i can use the wifi card (wl-138g). But after wake up from sleep, the wifi card is deactivated. Only with a reboot i can reactivate the wifi card. Is there any solution for the problem?

dantoine said:
eurisko1 said:
Hello

Thanks in advance

hi, i have also the same problem with my wifi-card. If i start my pc, i can use the wifi card (wl-138g). But after wake up from sleep, the wifi card is deactivated. Only with a reboot i can reactivate the wifi card. Is there any solution for the problem?
Same problem with USB dongle.. very frustrating

A solution perhaps:

I have a Fujitsu laptop and I had the same issue in lion. That damn creature doesn't wanna wake up happily!

So here's the break down:

Go to Network and delete your WIFI and then tick the + and add the WIFI again.

Logout
Login

it should be back and at it without the need to reboot and turning it on and off again.

It's a bit of a pain. :crazy:

Hope this helps.

hyde41 said:
A solution perhaps:

I have a Fujitsu laptop and I had the same issue in lion. That damn creature doesn't wanna wake up happily!

So here's the break down:

Go to Network and delete your WIFI and then tick the + and add the WIFI again.

Logout
Login

it should be back and at it without the need to reboot and turning it on and off again.

It's a bit of a pain. :crazy:

Hope this helps.

Hmm, this solution doesn't work for me. The Airport remains off. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back