Graphics
Intel HD1 Graphics 4000 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Guys!!! Does anyone bought from ebay? If so can you please send me a link? That would be so helpful! Thank you :) Also how do you install it?:headbang:

Guys!!! Does anyone bought from ebay? If so can you please send me a link? That would be so helpful! Thank you :) Also how do you install it?:headbang:

Search ebay/amazon for 'BCM94352HMB'.

Refer to the service manual from HP if you're not familiar with WiFi card replacement.

Search ebay/amazon for 'BCM94352HMB'.

Refer to the service manual from HP if you're not familiar with WiFi card replacement.

Sorry to reply to such an old thread...

I am building my first Hackbook (hope that's a term) and have bought several components for a 4540s upgrade already.

I searched Ebay for BCM94352HMB and the card appears to be bluetooth and 802.11AC.

My question is, can I cannibalise another laptop for this part? I have some Lenovo T410, T420, X220 machines sitting about doing bugger all and only useful for parts. The model numbers for the two cards in the Lenovos are 622ANHMW and 112BNHMW.

Throughout the forums, I've seen talk of "whitelists" for laptop BIOS and am wondering whether these parts would be suitable. Also wondering if rehabman recommended that particular part because it has bluetooth as well?

I am planning on buying a EVO 850 SSD as the main drive for my Hackbook. I see that's on the buyer's guide, so I'm happy with that.

Are there any other parts I'm missing? I bought a 1080p LED with a new cable and a caddy for a second disk.

Also - My 4540s has radeon graphics as well as the Intel chipset. Is there a way to make this useful?

Finally... What version of OSX would be most suitable for a multi-boot build (Win10/Win7/OSX/Linux)?

Thanks! (And sorry for being a prat by asking all these questions).

The model numbers for the two cards in the Lenovos are 622ANHMW and 112BNHMW.

You will need to determine the actual WiFi chipsets within.
Lenovo does not make WiFi chipsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back