Contribute
Register

Wi-Fi (and Bluetooth) cards for laptops with Mac OS / OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman please help. I finally installed Mavericks onto my Lenovo Thinkpad t60p and can boot without unibeast USB. Now my Wifi card is no where to be found. It definitely worked when I had windows installed. Now I can't find the Wifi card listed anywhere (System pref/Network only shows bluetooth option). I'd like to try and use this card if possible. Not sure where to go from here. Thank you in advance!

Which WiFi card is installed in the laptop? Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out.

Which WiFi card is installed in the laptop? Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out.

Thank you so much for responding. Great suggestion I had never heard of DPCIManager. I found that my Wifi card is an Intel Corporation Pro/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan]. I attached a screenshot incase you need other identifiers. Also I think I'm having graphics (laggy visuals, seemingly slow load times) and audio problems. If you had any advice regarding any of these components (Wifi, graphics, audio) I will be so grateful!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 2.52.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 2.52.45 PM.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 631
Thank you so much for responding. Great suggestion I had never heard of DPCIManager. I found that my Wifi card is an Intel Corporation Pro/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan]. I attached a screenshot incase you need other identifiers. Also I think I'm having graphics (laggy visuals, seemingly slow load times) and audio problems. If you had any advice regarding any of these components (Wifi, graphics, audio) I will be so grateful!

Your WiFi is not supported, so you'll need to replace it.

As far as graphics I don't have much experience with the older laptops... Not sure if GMA965 is supported or not (I think GMA950 is).

For audio, use VoodooHDA or patched AppleHDA (google 'patch AppleHDA guide').

This card work with mavericks?? BCM94322HM8L

Only work with Mountain Lion??

Hi Mate!!

I am new to hackintosh and was going through with laptop compatibility to install on my laptop.
So far my laptop hardware are compatible apart from wifi.

Since this post is from last year, i was wondering if there are any addition to the list.
Also I have been searching if Ralink support/work on mac.

Jus wondering if ralink now support mac since the drivers is available for mac.

Current system
  • HP Pavilion G4 2190 se
  • Intel 3rd generation (Ivy) @ 2.50Ghz 4gb ram
  • 500gb Sata Drive
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000 (up to 1.65 GB)
  • Intel HM76 Express (7 series)
  • Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Hope above helps to analyse and to give your valuable feedback.

Thanks

Since this post is from last year, i was wondering if there are any addition to the list.
I have added a link to a Google translation of the latest version of the (originally Russian) list. You might want to look for a replacement of your Ralink RT5390 as Ralinks are all listed as not supported.

Happy hackintoshing!
dg

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have checked the list, would you able to suggest me other replacement for my ralink 5390 module on hp dv4-2190se laptop.

Cheers

I have the BCM94322HM8L and it works well.

In the tutorial on how to replace a WIFI card you'll find pictures what a half-mini-PCIE card looks like.
Any card with a green field in the Russian list for your OS version and "half-size" in the brand name headline should work out of the box. For those with a yellow field the ProbookInstaller provides the necessary fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back