Contribute
Register

Wi-Fi (and Bluetooth) cards for laptops with Mac OS / OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm... i did
sudo rm /Extra/dsdt.aml
copyed Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml to /Extra/ssdt-1.aml

restarted: But now stuck on gray apple logo screen with spinning weel ...

did i mess up ?

l
copyed Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml to /Extra/ssdt-1.aml

Do you have a 1080p screen?

Read instructions carefully...

Do you have a 1080p screen?

Read instructions carefully...

I have a 1600x900 but i couldnt make the patching process work. probably just me that is in over my head here... but i reinstalled and now everything works fine :)

thanks for helping out RehabMan! :)

I have a 1600x900 but i couldnt make the patching process work. probably just me that is in over my head here... but i reinstalled and now everything works fine :)

thanks for helping out RehabMan! :)

7-series boards with 1600x900 are tricky. For next time: What you actually have to do is use bootflags IGPEnabler=N -x (just like when you originally installed). The dual-link SSDT doesn't work because of the GFX0 object already has a _DSM method.

I guess I should update the instructions for that section.

Hello I have pro book 6560b it have Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205 wifi card but as like you know this is not work natively.
I want to buy one new wifi card but you know this while list ****. Can you offer me one model wifi card will work with that pc natively.

7-series boards with 1600x900 are tricky. For next time: What you actually have to do is use bootflags IGPEnabler=N -x (just like when you originally installed). The dual-link SSDT doesn't work because of the GFX0 object already has a _DSM method.

I guess I should update the instructions for that section.

I'm glad to know it is tricky :). But also - i'm not a computer science major and my hobby-skills for computing are limited. But this process is almost vanilla now (thanks to you and this community!). And it works great. The only issue I had was after replacing the wifi-card.

Actually I only used to bootflags IDEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660004 while installing - and it worked.

If you want me to send some data about this model to you for the stickey just tell me I will be happy to help.

As I mentioned earlier I also think the USB-3 ports on this model are located on the other side of the laptop compared to the 4xxx models (how ever I'm not 100% sure).

Hello I have pro book 6560b it have Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205 wifi card but as like you know this is not work natively.
I want to buy one new wifi card but you know this while list ****. Can you offer me one model wifi card will work with that pc natively.

In the guides on the forum there are some pretty good info on this. read: braddman1's guide on replacing wifi-card

and this guide to wifi-cards

As for the whit list I am not sure what to do... Mine did not have a white list

It seems like there's been a few issues with the broadcom BCM94322HM8L. Should I just opt for the Atheros ar5bh92 ar9280? It seems like more people use that over the broadcom.

It seems like there's been a few issues with the broadcom BCM94322HM8L. Should I just opt for the Atheros ar5bh92 ar9280? It seems like more people use that over the broadcom.

that i cannot tell you. I used the ar9283 on my probook 6570b 1600x900 hd4000 ...

But they are so cheap! You could just buy a couple of different ones?

Rehabman please help. I finally installed Mavericks onto my Lenovo Thinkpad t60p and can boot without unibeast USB. Now my Wifi card is no where to be found. It definitely worked when I had windows installed. Now I can't find the Wifi card listed anywhere (System pref/Network only shows bluetooth option). I'd like to try and use this card if possible. Not sure where to go from here. Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back