Contribute
Register

Wi-Fi (and Bluetooth) cards for laptops with Mac OS / OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fysically installed the AR5B93 card on probook 6570b running os x 10.9.1

But so far no luck. Do i need to run the probook installer or anything else to try and make it work?

I fysically installed the AR5B93 card on probook 6570b running os x 10.9.1

But so far no luck. Do i need to run the probook installer or anything else to try and make it work?

AR5B93 is natively recognized. Are you using vanilla IO80211Family.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext? Did you add it as a network interface in SysPrefs->Network (with [+] button)?

hi ReHabMan always fast to answer :) thanks

how can i tell what kext i am using? I am not sure.

when trying to add it in sysPrefs > network there is no wifi option

hi ReHabMan always fast to answer :) thanks

how can i tell what kext i am using? I am not sure.

when trying to add it in sysPrefs > network there is no wifi option

You don't need to add a kext -- card is natively supported. Make sure you have vanilla kexts (if you think you did some tampering with the system kexts, you could do a fresh install to a different partition, then install from there to your actual partition).

Make sure you didn't apply DSDT patches for a different card.

Check that the card is installed correctly. Look at DPCIManager -> PCI List to see if it is there.

Post ioreg if you want me to look: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Make sure you didn't apply DSDT patches for a different card.
I cant remember if i applyed any. how will i Know? :S

Check that the card is installed correctly. Look at DPCIManager -> PCI List to see if it is there.

there is a Qualcomm At... AR928X on thePCI list. i assume that is the one?

I cant remember if i applyed any. how will i Know? :S

If you don't remember, you should re-patch your DSDT with the ProBook Installer. Refer to the sticky guide under "BIOS Updates/Hardware Upgrades".

there is a Qualcomm At... AR928X on thePCI list. i assume that is the one?

Maybe... Post the screen shot.

I suspect you messed with the IO80211Family.kext and/or IONetworkingFamily.kext.

Either that, or your hardware has a problem. Did you verify the card works on Linux and/or Windows?

If you don't remember, you should re-patch your DSDT with the ProBook Installer. Refer to the sticky guide under "BIOS Updates/Hardware Upgrades".

i will try this next :)

Maybe... Post the screen shot.

probook6570b.jpg

I suspect you messed with the IO80211Family.kext and/or IONetworkingFamily.kext.

i may have by accident but not sure.

Either that, or your hardware has a problem. Did you verify the card works on Linux and/or Windows?

nope I have not had the opportunity. maybe my eee 1000h will be able to test it - it runs linux. but i am not dual booting the probook as for right now ... so unable to test it here

here is the IORegistryExplorer file. (is it supposed to look like that?)

Attachments

• probook6570b.tiff
    295.4 KB · Views: 164
  • probook6570b.ioreg
    1.6 MB · Views: 138
here is the IORegistryExplorer file. (is it supposed to look like that?)

You have a broadcom patch in your DSDT.

You have a broadcom patch in your DSDT.

Ah - sorry - I was not sure what to look for :S. I will start re-patching using the guide now :) brb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back