Contribute
Register

Wi-Fi (and Bluetooth) cards for laptops with Mac OS / OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case of anyone wondering, the card works flawlessly. Thanks!

I reckon you applied the device ID fix. Could you provide a link to some guide? Thanks!

dg

Precisely. I reinstalled Mountain Lion from scratch and used the Installer 6.1b8 and its DSDT generator. It's gotta be said, it worked fantastic.

Does that patch cover other cards besides AR5B95 and AR5B195 (both ar9285)? I'd include a column in the table.

Or all cards already marked "DeviceID fix needed"? In that case I'd re-word the table cells or add a link to the PBI-beta-latest to the legend.

dg

Does that patch cover other cards besides AR5B95 and AR5B195 (both ar9285)? I'd include a column in the table.

Or all cards already marked "DeviceID fix needed"? In that case I'd re-word the table cells or add a link to the PBI-beta-latest to the legend.

dg

I would think the same thing is going on with AR5B97 and AR5B197 (both ar9287), but can't be sure since no ability to test it...
Seems like those cards + AR5BHB92 (ar9280) would be the "go to" cards for 4x40s since they can reach higher speeds than the ones based on ar9285.

The patch would maybe need some tweaking just to fix what is displayed as the model. Or you could tweak your DSDT after the fact just for that. No real function there -- just for the aesthetics.

I would think the same thing is going on with AR5B97 and AR5B197 (both ar9287), but can't be sure since no ability to test it...
[ ... ]
The patch would maybe need some tweaking just to fix what is displayed as the model. Or you could tweak your DSDT after the fact just for that. No real function there -- just for the aesthetics.

No testers => no real demand.

So, if I buy and setup the Atheros AR5B195 correctly, I get a fully functional Wi-FI & Bluetooth under Mac OS?

So, if I buy and setup the Atheros AR5B195 correctly, I get a fully functional Wi-FI & Bluetooth under Mac OS?

Owwww, come on.... just some posts earlier... That's as much warranty as you can ever get in Hackintoshistan.

Yes, I read the whole thread but just wanted to be sure. So "flawlessly" means without any restrictions?

What kind of "restrictions" are you talking about? My connection doesn't drop, I have literally no problems with it. It just works how it's supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back