Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Wi-Fi 6E AX210 can be enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MEG Z590 ACE
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi. I have a MSI MEG Z590 ACE Motherboard with a intel Core i9 10900. I want to enable the built-in wifi, which is a "Wi-Fi 6E AX210" according with the specifications of the motherboard

I was about to use OpenIntelWireless, but this was on the compatibility page:
MVM Gen 3 Unsupported
22000 Series
Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX210 160MHz
So, I understand that, for now, it is not compatible with OpenIntelWireless, I tested it anyways and nothing (as expected). There is another way to make it work, like patching it, even if it is not fully functional?. Using a 2,4Ghz network could be enough for me at this time.

Thanks in advance

IIRC, the OpenIntelWireless does not yet work with the AX210 chipset. However, @CaseySJ would know as he's experimented with the OpenIntelWireless kexts.

IIRC, the OpenIntelWireless does not yet work with the AX210 chipset. However, @CaseySJ would know as he's experimented with the OpenIntelWireless kexts.
Correct. The Intel AX210 module is not currently supported by AirportItlwm.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 7.56.46 AM.png

@chidgear,

You could try injecting a DeviceProperty to change the device-ID to an AX200 module. It may be necessary to use FakePCIID in addition to DeviceProperty injection.

Update:
  • Modified FakePCIID kexts attached. Both must be added to OC/Kexts folder and to config.plist --> Kernel.
  • Also add DeviceProperty for the AX210 module: device-id with value F0060000.
UPDATE 2:
  • If you use IORegistryExplorer to determine the actual Device ID of your WiFi module, we can add that ID directly into the kext. This means no need for DeviceProperty injection.

Attachments

• FakePCIID-AX210.zip
    16 KB · Views: 892
Last edited:
Hello,

I have the same network card (Intel AX210NG) it is not working, I posted a screenshot of IORegistryExplorer here, maybe this will help you add this card.

Attachments

• Intel-AX210NG.png
    Intel-AX210NG.png
    738.1 KB · Views: 654
I put the kexts into the Kext folder (both kexts) added under the kexts section of my config.plist (picture attached, in case i messed up with the kexts order <kexts.png>), got the Device path using hackintool, put under Device properties/Devices, and added the "device-id" key with the value F0060000 (<wifi.png>).
Nothing happens, Just hackintool now shows the same route but Calls it "Comet Lake PCH CNVi WiFi" when, before adding the kexts and the Device Property said "WiFi 6 AX210/AX211/AX411 160MHz" (<registro.png>). So, I revert the config disabling the kexts and removing the device-id key.

As for my device (without modifications), the data is as follows:

The device path is PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x6)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
The IOReg path is IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PC00@0/AppleACPIPCI/RP07@1C,6/IOPP/PXSX@0
The device-id is <be 43 00 00>

Also I attached the pictures of IOReg after adding the kexts and the device-id. Called my attention to see "Intel_I255V" in the second screen. Not sure if it is normal or if I messed it up at some point (I also have this built in ethernet adapter).

Actually I'm running MacOs 11.4 (Big Sur)

Thank you

Attachments

• registro.png
    registro.png
    354.1 KB · Views: 633
  • Wifi.png
    Wifi.png
    77 KB · Views: 624
  • ioreg1.png
    ioreg1.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 558
  • ioreg2.png
    ioreg2.png
    101 KB · Views: 576
  • kexts.png
    kexts.png
    175.9 KB · Views: 610
Correct. The Intel AX210 module is not currently supported by AirportItlwm.

View attachment 517762
@chidgear,

You could try injecting a DeviceProperty to change the device-ID to an AX200 module. It may be necessary to use FakePCIID in addition to DeviceProperty injection.

Update:
  • Modified FakePCIID kexts attached. Both must be added to OC/Kexts folder and to config.plist --> Kernel.
  • Also add DeviceProperty for the AX210 module: device-id with value F0060000.
UPDATE 2:
  • If you use IORegistryExplorer to determine the actual Device ID of your WiFi module, we can add that ID directly into the kext. This means no need for DeviceProperty injection.
wait... so the attachment you shared could work?

But does it work in the end?

Anyone had luck with the FakePCIID kexts that @CaseySJ posted above?

In that day, I solved this by removing the wifi card and replacing it by one that is supported. By now, this is not necessary, since AX210 is currently supported.

So... I'm going to mark this thread as <Solved>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back