Contribute
Register

Why would Ethernet stop working after GPU change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey all,

Working on a build at the moment, im using a GTX 1060 unaccelarated just to get me through installation. Everything is working great until I put in my AMD RX 5700 XT. Graphics work perfectly but my ethernet suddenly doesn't work! Any reason why this would be happening? I haven't changed anything else at all... EFI attached just in case. The rest of my build -

Mobo - Gigabyte B450M DS3H
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8GHz 12 core

Cheers!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.1 MB · Views: 36
Please read and comply with the forum rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Consider updating OpenCore to current version.

You have three SSDT files enabled in config.plist but only one of them is present in /EFI/OC/ACPI.

I will update my profile, though the spec listed there won't make a difference to this post as it won't be the spec i'm referring to. CPU, Mobo and GPU are mentioned in post.

The two missing SSDT files aren't an issue, I just haven't cleaned up my config to remove them yet.

I'll update to most recent opencore but I don't think that'd explain why ethernet would start working after a GPU change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back