Contribute
Register

Why there's no ATI GPUs in buyer's guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was thinking that if ATI Firepro and Radeon are used in real Macs they should be fully-supported in Mavericks and Yosemite. Then why there is no mention about such GPUs in 2015 August Buyer's Guide?

I was thinking that if ATI Firepro and Radeon are used in real Macs they should be fully-supported in Mavericks and Yosemite. Then why there is no mention about such GPUs in 2015 August Buyer's Guide?

You can use certain AMD cards that are compatible. The R9 280X will work great for Apple
only software like FCP X. Even better than the base D300 Firepro card in a Mac Pro.

If you want to read an excessively long thread about AMD card compatibility here it is:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...90x-our-hackintoshes-further-explanation.html

Almost all current Radeon GPUs can be used in OS X (some fully OOB, some need tinkering). I guess the main problem is that Chimera doesn't like the new AMD cards very much. When in doubt better ask before buying.

I'm currently working on a (soon to be released) Radeon compatibility guide which will answer your questions.

:thumbup:
if the r9 nano is working oob – oh **** boy :)

yesz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back