Contribute
Register

Why Remove "USBInjectAll.kext" from Unibeast 8.3.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Will RehabMan's SSDT files in my "ACPI Patched" EFI folder still work if a new Unibeast-created High Sierra OS is installed in my system? Or is it no longer needed?

RehabMan's USB SSDT needs USBInjectAll.kext to work.

All USB ports should work fine in UniBeast for your H170 board without using it.

It isn't needed in 10.12.6 for Gigabyte or ASUS 9/100/200/300 Series boards.

Going forward in MultiBeast 10.3+ there will no longer be a Increase Port Limit Patch choice that install USBInjectAll.kext. However, there will be a USBInjectAll standalone choice for those older systems that don't implement all USB ports in the UEFI.

Unless I was misled, there was an Apple limitation of 15 USB ports in Mac OS X 10.11+ which led me to follow RehabMan's instructions for generating an SSDT to be placed in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched. According to IORegistryExplorer.app, identification and selection of USB ports per RehabMan's instructions did in fact allow me to create a SSDT which properly sets up my USB ports and stays within the 15-port limit.

The Increase Port Limit patch was only for finding active USB ports; I deleted it after creating my SSDT. But you (MacMan) are writing that the SSDT was not needed and can be deleted. I'll give that a shot, but I am skeptical.

The Increase Port Limit patch was for getting macOS to recognize more than 15 XHCI ports in macOS. I used this patch all the time without using USBInjectAll.kext or a custom SSDT for it on my collection of 9/100/200/300 Series boards that had more than 15 ports with no ill effects.

RehabMan warned against keeping more USB ports than Apple's 15-port limit for any length of time, because it meant being outside the boundary of a "fixed" array, and could mess up other OS functions. I took him seriously. YMMV.

Interested to hear what people have to say about this.
My Asus Maximus hero VII z97 board USB ports will not work properly without USBinjectall.kext and configuring SSDT under high Sierra 12.13.4.
So what has changed ?
Are newer MOBO’s different? In what way?

Yes. I found that as long as you disable Legacy USB and EHCI support in the UEFI you don't need USBInjectAll. All you need is the Clover patch to Increase Maximum Port Limit (macOS 10.13.3 or earlier) or Remove XHCI USB Port Limit (10.13.4+) to have all XHCI ports to be recognized and work.

Yes. I found that as long as you disable Legacy USB and EHCI support in the UEFI you don't need USBInjectAll. All you need is the Clover patch to Increase Maximum Port Limit (macOS 10.13.3 or earlier) or Remove XHCI USB Port Limit (10.13.4+) to have all XHCI ports to be recognized and work.
Thanks!
Great, I will tests that out on my boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back