Contribute
Register

Why Radeon RX Vega 64/56 is not in compatibility list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Elite Desk 800 G4 SFF - Q370
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
WX 4100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Mac OS is known to natively support ATI graphics cards and recent iMac Pros have Radeon RX Vega 64 GPUs. But when it comes to Hackintosh, it's always recommended to have Nvidia graphics cards which btw is not easy to work with. Every time when there is a new Mac OS release, we are held hostage by Nvidia until they update their graphics drivers.

what is the reason for not recommending Radeon graphics cards on tonymacx86 hardware compatibility list?

P.S. Currently, I'm running GTX 980 but I'll switch to Radeon if it's natively supported by Mac OS.

Vega support isn't perfect yet. I have a Vega 64 and overall it's been a TON better than my GTX 1050 and GTX 1060s were, but there are still issues. From what I understand the RX 580 should be pretty much flawless these days. IMO that's what the recommended card should be for everyone.

Vega support isn't perfect yet. I have a Vega 64 and overall it's been a TON better than my GTX 1050 and GTX 1060s were, but there are still issues. From what I understand the RX 580 should be pretty much flawless these days. IMO that's what the recommended card should be for everyone.

Is Nvidia paying tonymacx86 moderators :lol::lol:

What type of issues you are facing with Vega 64? And the issues you have, is it with the native Mac OS Vega drivers?

Last edited:
Yeah I guess, AMD have to pay to Tonymac and Tony will put this AMD card in the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back