Contribute
Register

WHY OS X over Windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it wise to use unsupported software on unsupported hardware (Apple won't support OS X running on a non-Mac, and the hardware vendors won't support OS X running on their hardware) on mission critical applications?

I don't know if you are an IT professional or not and if you are forgive me. There comes a certain point in your career that "support" from companies is useless. I as well am the IT Director for strangely a media house as well and use hackintosh's for our mission critical servers. I know there are no "Safety nets" but at the end of the day I don't care because odds are they aren't going to help me anyway and in the time they take to get me an answer I will have resolved an issue myself. Also I love not having to deal with Apple or their parts for any needed repairs. Now that all said I would fight tooth and nail to give a hackintosh to my end users. Too many things for them to mess up. Now if they all ran network home folders thats a different story. PXE boot clone and your done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back