Contribute
Register

why my cpu show only 1.6Ghz ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can´t check the SSDT, because I write this post from a machine running Windows, but I can give you some tips for your Clover folder.
You should only put eesential kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other.
Essential kexts are kexts that you need to boot up mac OS.
For example FakeSMC.kext, your ethernet kext and maybe a chipset kext.
Other kexts like FakeSMC sensors shouldn´t be in this folder. Also you should decide which kext you use for USB: USBInjectAll.kext or GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
But keep in mind that GenericUSBXHCI.kext doesn´t work on the most machine on 10.11+.

Maybe this guide can also help you: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/
It is for notebooks, but there also stands how you can add unsupported processors and how you can check your work.
Run the beta script, because the beta script has the support for newer processors like Skylake.

I will keep in mind your advice, big thanx. (I will fix it when I find solution for speedstep)

I understand that my -xpmc is not working, because appleIntePowerManagment is not understand my CPU

I Found something from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...edstep-yosemite-1010-and-mavericks-109/page-6

This part:

Good news!!! Thanks to @vit9696 Haswell Celeron/Pentium CPU's can use xcpm mode and work without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and also prevent app crashing (Messages, iBooks etc.)

1. Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.
2. Use macmodel iMac13,1
3. Use FakeCPUID - 0x0306A0
4. -xcpm in bootargs

5. Two kernel patches into KernelAndKextPatches section in config.plist (first patch prevent app crashing, second patch enables xcpm mode)

<key>KernelToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
uaABAAAPMg==
</data>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.12</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
uaABAAAxwA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>xcpm on Sierra Haswell Celeron/Pentium</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g8PEg/si
</data>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.12</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g8PGg/si
</data>
</dict>

what you thing about this??? (this can be used?)

Haswell Celeron/Pentium CPU's
Like it is written, it is for Haswell Celerons/Pentiums and not for skylake CPUs.
I´m not a moderator or something laike that and haven´t got much experience with unsupported CPUs, but I think that you can "emulate" your CPU when you use a similar CPU that is supported and change the frequency...

Like it is written, it is for Haswell Celerons/Pentiums and not for skylake CPUs.
I´m not a moderator or something laike that and haven´t got much experience with unsupported CPUs, but I think that you can "emulate" your CPU when you use a similar CPU that is supported and change the frequency...

screen.png

it's seem that it working. I see more pretty picture right now before I got one p state now I got 7 p states.

Are you using now NullCPUPowermanagement.kext or the custom SSDT?

they are still in kexts folder, but I thing for experimenting a little bit for (delete NullCPUPowerManagement),
no SSDT not using I still have freeze system on load if I use SSDT

they are still in kexts folder, but I thing for experimenting a little bit for (delete NullCPUPowerManagement),
no SSDT not using I still have freeze system on load if I use SSDT
What do you mean with "freeze"?
Doesn´t the system load up or have you graphics glitches?

What do you mean with "freeze"?
Doesn´t the system load up or have you graphics glitches?
it's (MacOS) just stop loading after initializing FakeSMC.kext

it's (MacOS) just stop loading after initializing FakeSMC.kext
You need FakeSMC.kext to get mac OS working on non-Apple hardware...
Boot in verbose mode and make a photo. Attach it!

You need FakeSMC.kext to get mac OS working on non-Apple hardware...
Boot in verbose mode and make a photo. Attach it!
So if I use generated SSDT file, I got full freeze of my loading OS. if I'm not using SSDT everything ok. ptA17HkAE-E.jpg

So if I use generated SSDT file, I got full freeze of my loading OS. if I'm not using SSDT everything ok. View attachment 247630
Yes, ACPI Error means that ACPI configuration ( DSDT and SSDTs ) are not patched/ working correctly.

I made some research and found this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...s-z170m-plus-with-clover-using-pentium-g4500/

Maybe that can help you...

Code:
10. [OPTION 1] Create a SSDT (Secondary System Description Table) to configure the maximum clock speed.
a. Download Pike's ssdtPRGen.sh script which should auto-copy into your home directory, 'Volumes/Users/<username>' folder. Open Terminal and type the following:
curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubus...ta/ssdtPRGen.sh
b. Next, set the execute/search bits: chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh
c. Run ssdtPRGen.sh script for first time without any arguments and let it download all the data that you need: ./ssdtPRGen.sh
d. The Skylake.cfg with Pentium information should have already downloaded.
e. Once finished you will have the ssdt.aml on the ~/library/ssdtPRGen/. Move it to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
NOTE: If you come across issues try the following:
○  Use Terminal to ensure Skylake.cfg is in the 'Data' folder by typing: open ~/library/ssdtPRGen/Data
○  You can remove any previously generated and downloaded script file by typing: sudo rm -R ~/Library/ssdtPRGen
○  You can rerun another freshly downloaded ssdtPRGen.sh script with your processor type: ./ssdtPRGen.sh
○  For additional help see also: ./ssdtPRGen.sh -help
11. [OPTION 2] Create a SSDT (Secondary System Description Table) to configure the maximum clock speed.
a. Download the Pike’s script v14.1 (modified for i-core processors) and put it on your desktop. Use it only for the PC it is running from. The script reads some information specific about your CPU and its number of cores.
b. Open Terminal and type "sudo" then leave a space and drag the script file into the Terminal window then leave a space and type in the Turbo Speed (Maximum Turbo Frequency) for your processor and then press enter.
e.g., Intel Pentium G4500 type code:
sudo /Users/"YourUsername"/Desktop/ssdtPRGen.sh -TURBO 3500
Type your password when prompted and press Enter.
c. Ignore the following "Error: Unknown processor model ..." since the CPU is unsupported.
d. A decompiled file called SSDT.aml will generate in a hidden folder "tmp". Type "open /tmp" (no quotations) to reveal its location.
e. Mount EFI using EFI Mounter v3 and place SSDT.aml into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back