Contribute
Register

Why My ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP Only Works With Clover Legacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock h77 pro4/mvp
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
ATI 7870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Could somebody explain me why my system is only working with "Clover Legacy"?

I have a H77 Pro 4/mvp ASROCK and an I7 3770. ATI Card included.

When I use Clover UEFI my system won't boot and it wants a bootable device when rebooting. Why? I have an UEFI system. I installed it via Unibeast in UEFI mode. Why do I have to chose legacy Clover then? hat does not make any sense.

Seems like it doesn't know how to start from EFI.

Help would be appreciated.

If your system has Secure Boot Mode, you would need to disable it.

Yeah, I'm not familiar with that board, but I'd poke around in BIOS. Turn off Secure Boot as mentioned, set Other OS, make sure Boot UEFI is selected (not Boot UEFI and Legacy and not only Boot Legacy), check the list of bootable devices if the BIOS gives you a list to prioritize or if there's a boot hotkey to select boot devices, etc.

Could somebody explain me why my system is only working with "Clover Legacy"?

I have a H77 Pro 4/mvp ASROCK and an I7 3770. ATI Card included.

When I use Clover UEFI my system won't boot and it wants a bootable device when rebooting. Why? I have an UEFI system. I installed it via Unibeast in UEFI mode. Why do I have to chose legacy Clover then? hat does not make any sense.

Seems like it doesn't know how to start from EFI.

Help would be appreciated.

We are aware of a possible issue with some Asrock boards booting UEFI; its been identified on Z87 & Z97 so far but could be similar on others too.

There is a workaround that you can use which involves setting the efi variables through Linux, which then allows it to boot as expected with UEFI for Clover/El Cap. Its not documented yet though.

Everything works fine though. I'm just confused because I have to use legacy after the install instead of uefi but well.

I have managed to get clover to work on my AsRock z87 on UEFI mode...
After clover install i wasn't able to boot with clover unless using USB.

Following this (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-pro4-yosemite-with-clover-uefi-installation/) guide, expecially the point 4.1, I'm now able to boot in UEFI mode from my SSD.

Unfortunately I can't shutdown my pc because that leaves it in a sleep mode with only fans working.

P.S.: Sorry for the bad english but I'm not native speaker :p

Threadstarter, how did you get yours working? I'm using the same board (Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP + i5 3550), and i'm getting stuck with AppleACPIPlatform & IOPCIFamily errors. Anyone reading this please let me know what could be the possible solution.

Thank you!

sreen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back