Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
DO NOT HACKINTOSH YOUR REAL MACINTOSH
or alternatively Do not do .....
I see two post buy guys that screwed there macs up with multi-beast using all options and both stated they should have known better. How??? I searched on google for hours trying to find something on the matter and the fact is theres so much BS about hackintoshing cheap 50 goodwill machines it drowns out any sensible threads on the matter. That being said I want to hackingtosh my macintosh (already started actually) and i want to make a killer thread strictly for idiots like my self that have to fix everything that aint broke. so ideas anybody (this is the machine and so far i haven't done anything to it other than create the usb drive with unibeast and did the Yosemite install loading from the usb drive but i haven't loaded anything from multi-beast nor do i plan on it until someone with far greater knowledge than i chimes in.)
Model Name:
iMac Model Identifier: iMac14,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM142.0118.B09
SMC Version (system): 2.15f7

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x119d
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3782

UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC: The keyword here being "Intel-based PC"

UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC: The keyword here being "Intel-based PC"

so my "personal computer" with an INTEL processor is not an "Intel based pc?" Huh and here I thought had it all figured out. But I will point out while the content of your message has absoluteLY no relevance in the thread its existence does lend validity to said thread which will in turn hopefull spawn some intelligent input. That being said
keep the asinine good will clearance isle comments a coming.

You have an Imac so what do you want to do with multibeast ? It has no relevance to you.

Their is no need a for a thread to say don't do this to a real Mac because it should be self evident!

What would multibeast allow you to do which you can't already on your Mac ?

Unlike hackingtoshes, your hardware is fully supported by OSX (obviously) and does not need any kind of alternative bootloader/kexts to get it working. It just works for you!

multibeast is redundant you are right but clover and other installations that allow the ability to speed step and just generally screw around with the internals of the machine are a great way to learn. Furthermore i am fairly sure that back in 2007 the guys from AppSnap were getting asked that same question and look at what Jailbreaking has done to the iPhone

multibeast is redundant you are right but clover and other installations that allow the ability to speed step and just generally screw around with the internals of the machine are a great way to learn. Furthermore i am fairly sure that back in 2007 the guys from AppSnap were getting asked that same question and look at what Jailbreaking has done to the iPhone

Jailbreaking the iPhone was to remove the Garden Wall that Jobs put around the iPhone. You want to take something that works very well (OS X install on iMac) and replace it with something that doesn't work quite as well (alternate boot loader installed on iMac). Your analogy is flawed.

One was to do with gaining control back, this is to do with having more freedom to do what exactly? What can't you do already on on an iMac (or any Mac) that Multibeast (or whatever) will give you? Want to load Windows, go ahead, Apple provides the drivers, want to put Linux, no problem. Want to replace the boot loader, well you can try, but exactly how much support are you going to get from the community when it doesn't work? And what benefits does this bring to you or anybody else?

I have no issues with people exploring limits, but since the iMac doesn't really limit you, I'm puzzled as to what you'll gain.

If you want a challenge, go jailbreak the Apple TV 3 (or is there a 4 now?)

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back