Graphics
EVGA GTX570HD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been wondering why the gigabyte boards seem to be the preferred equipment for hackintosh systems. I read somewhere that it has to do with sleep and power management settings. I am currently setting up an ivy bridge system using an intel mobo, wondering if this is just a horrible choice, if i should buy a gigabyte mobo.

I have been wondering why the gigabyte boards seem to be the preferred equipment for hackintosh systems. I read somewhere that it has to do with sleep and power management settings. I am currently setting up an ivy bridge system using an intel processor, wondering if this is just a horrible choice, if i should buy a gigabyte mobo.

Gigabyte mobos tend to have the most native compatibility, especially with sleep/power management and processor speed stepping. However, they aren't perfect since some of the audio chips and maybe some of the on board network isn't always compatible. I'm assuming you meant you have an Intel mobo, correct? If so try searching on it here to see if others have used it and what issues it may have. Quite a few difficulties can be overcome with the appropriate dsdt and/or set of kexts.

Yeah, i meant mobo, thanks for the catch. I have not found any threads about my mobo yet, but eveything except USB 3.0 and sleep enabler is working as of now. Hopefully the updated Multibeast helps with those issues. I have an working i7 920 hackintosh using a gigabyte board, which i have had a number of issues with, and even with a DSDT file, it seems like i am spending a week tinkering everytime there is a minor update.

Also realize that i forgot to include my specs

Motherboard: Intel DZ77BH-55K
Processor: Intel i7-3770s, 3.10 GHz
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX570 HD 2.5GB GDDR5
Memory: 16GB Corsair XMS3 4x4GB 1600Mhz

Problem with USB 3.0 on the front panel may be related to the renesas controller. I remember seeing some posts on people having this trouble and someone finding a kext at osx86.org, or maybe it was the LaCie drive kext. I'd suggest searching a bit on those and give it a try.

Yeah there is a Renesas USB 3.0 kext in Multibeast 4.6.1 but it is not working. The front and rear USB 3.0 are not working, and the rear just go through the Intel Z77 controller, so again just waiting for the Multibeast update, and then I will hunt around from there. I updated the BIOS to version 70, and had to create a new ML Hard Drive after the update, but at least now the USB 3.0 is not crashing whenever I plug in and remove anything from it, and again all USB 2.0 ports are working fine. Graphics card is working natively. Currently have sleep and display sleep disabled, so I can reorganize files on my non system internal Hard Drives, but I will try sleep sometime tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back