Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
F04D9D15-962E-4FCB-9BF6-5BC2B51D299C-4096-0000007327585BB3_zpsfeec5879.jpg
m
I can boot just fine to ML and do basic things, but if I try to mirror or play a game, the screen scrambles and distorts. I'm using a z77-ds3h with hd4000 using a i3770.ive tried both the tvs with same results.

I had that problem! I added

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

to my /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (change to your screen's actual resolution, obviously).

My problem was also solved by unplugging my monitor cable and re-plugging it back in. That can be a test to see if it is the same problem as mine. Same graphics and mobo here...HD4000

Thanks for the reply. Did it do that to you when you would boot into OSX or just games that would require a change in resolution? (i was trying to play CIV 4) Also, are you on a HD tv or monitor?

It did it right at boot the first time I booted up. I am on a normal PC Monitor connected via DVI. I haven't tried changing resolutions (kinda scared to lol). Can't test right now cuz I am processing my DVR files right now.

Did you try the un-plug test and see if that fixed it?

...edit: Also, can you play it in Windowed mode? Curious if its the game or the resolution change (probably the later)

Tried both suggestions, same results.

Not sure about trying windowed mode, that would probably work however I don't think I can get to that point without being able to see the screen.

I saw this when attempting to drive a very high res display (2560 x 1440) from the HD4000 DVI. Make sure you have Graphics Mode set and set the display resolution in settings to something low. I think the HD4000 can't do much more than 1080p.

I saw this when attempting to drive a very high res display (2560 x 1440) from the HD4000 DVI. Make sure you have Graphics Mode set and set the display resolution in settings to something low. I think the HD4000 can't do much more than 1080p.

I set it to what omegia suggested, and that didn't change. I think it's the game. I downloaded a game from the app store and it went full screen without any problems...

So I did a little testing and discovered that I can't Mirror on my 32 in samsung tv without getting the scrambling. I can mirror on my 55 in vizio to the samsung just fine. On either tv the game doesnt work. however if I mirror, I can see it on the other tv just fine. So my guess is I need a monitor. Both tvs are through HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back