Contribute
Register

Who successfully installed Yosemite on GA-z97-ud5h?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z370-F Gaming
CPU
i7-8086K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I,m installed, but not loading after reboot.

I have the same problem. Can install and run Multi Beast. After the reboot, it stays with the Apple logo are available ...

I running good on a Z97X Gaming 5. Different but similar.

All vague questions! Boot verbose mode "-v" and take a pic where it hangs and post it. You'll all get much better support! ;)

this MultiBeast configuration works! :)

I have a GTX 770 and the new WebDrivers form Nvidia installed:
WebDriver-343.01.01f01

Edit1:
I have this Killer-Network-Card Kext on Attachment installed, and working. DHCP not goes with me (router??), manual IP-Setup work.

iMessage,, iTunes, FaceTime, iCloud and AppleStore work fine.

Attachments

• Untitled.mb
    3.6 KB · Views: 159
  • ga-z97-ud5h-konfig.jpg
    ga-z97-ud5h-konfig.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 556
  • ALXEthernet.kext.zip
    49.6 KB · Views: 86
Hello!
I have a Gigabyte X79-UD5 with a Nvidia GTX680 EVGA.
I can boot with USB adding :
graphicsenabler=no pcirootuid=1 npci=0x2000
But i'm not able to boot normally without USB ..... my screen is black after Apple logo.
Help....
Thanks

this MultiBeast configuration works! :)

I have a GTX 770 and the new WebDrivers form Nvidia installed:
WebDriver-343.01.01f01

Edit1:
I have this Killer-Network-Card Kext on Attachment installed, and working. DHCP not goes with me (router??), manual IP-Setup work.

iMessage,, iTunes, FaceTime, iCloud and AppleStore work fine.

The Atheros Killer ethernet drivers are in multibeast, fyi. And did imessage work without doing anything? I know most people are having issues.

Using a Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H. Similar board, but not completely the same. My upgrade progress from Mavericks involved:
1. Boot OS X Mavericks
2. Remove /Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib if present
3. Remove /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext if present
4. Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to remove the following 2 lines if present:

View attachment 107204

5. Create a bootable USB using UniBeast 5

Then:

1. Boot installer created with Unibeast using flag -v. Took several tries to get in, but worked.
  2. Run installer as normal. It did crash at least once, but might be my USB.
  3. Boot into Yosemite using USB.
  4. Run Multibeast. Settings were:Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 01.37.57.png
  5. Reboot into Chimera on your Yosemite drive. Use safe mode -x, as wouldn't start otherwise, got circle with line through.
  6. Installed Nvidia Web Drivers. I assume just don't install them if you're not planning to use them, unless my inability to boot was caused by Nvidia drivers...
  7. Reboot as normal.
  8. USB ports were then completely messed up, random ones on the back worked. I have discussed in this thread, but my post is awaiting moderation.

I'm going to put this in a guide tomorrow. It's 1.45am here and I've only just got this working. No iMessage but it wasn't working on Mavericks anyway, no bluetooth to try Handoff either.

audiTurbo24, do you use onboard audio? If you do, does it work? Did it work with Mavericks? Can you share your experience with GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5? I have the same board, and the line-out audio is a huge issue for me. On Mavericks using ALC1150+9 Series fix worked, but not all the time. Sometimes you would boot into Mac and everything would work perfectly, sometimes you would ge weird noises instead of sound. It's the same with Yosemite.

audiTurbo24, do you use onboard audio? If you do, does it work? Did it work with Mavericks? Can you share your experience with GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5?

I have the ATX not micro, but should be very similar. it all looks good in system preferences and sound properties. Haven't tested cause I use a wireless usb turtle beach headset, but later I will try for you. I just used the kexts in multibeast just like in mavericks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back