Contribute
Register

Who installed Yosemite successfully on a GA-Z97X-UD7 TH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 16.57.14.png

The audio install is hit and miss, sometimes it installs sometimes it doesn't (on my 4th install) worked once.

I have yosemite installed again, but only about 3 of my 10 usb ports are working. I have removed the old generic kext, and I just reinstalled the multi beast universal 3.0 kext and the system is rebooting now.

Another oddity is that I have to have the Unibeast USB stick in, boot from that out of the bios, and still need boot flags. :(

Hi Guys

Got it fully running now!

First i suffered under the USB problem -> no devices reacting - but after trying to switch ports with mouse and keyboard endlessly, I got it running some times. However, after rebooting the same USB ports did not work and I had to switch back and forth until it was running. It sucked!

However, I have found following way, and now everything is running super smooth:
After Postinstallation I had to reboot with my 10.9.5 backup (CarbonCopyCloner), which I have performed earlier on an USB 3.0 disk.
I then deleted GenericUSBXHCI.kext and removed Generate P-States and Generate C-States from org.chameleon.Boot.plist file (see attached Chameleon Wizard print screen).

You don't need a bootable backup. You also should be able to get it running this way by booting with the UNIBEAST USB drive. Open a terminal and do it manually in a shell by using vi to open org.chameleon.Boot.plist and removing the USB kext file in the shell with rm.

Hope that helps you too. Good luck!

Let me know if it worked out for you.
iwok

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 18.26.57.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 18.26.57.png
    197.9 KB · Views: 733
FYI - I also got past the kernel panics for the unibeast boot with these options:

-x maxmem=8192 npci=0x3000

I'll install and run multibeast next...

Anyone try and use IGPE on this board yet with Yosemite?

I'll install and run multibeast next...

An update - Looks like I'm running fine - although I did need to set the -f option on a boot from my yosemite drive, otherwise boot up seems to hang.

Here's my loaded multi beast settings:

multibeast.png

This here's the roughest, toughest OS that's ever crossed the Rio Grande...

I am all up and running as well. All of my files are moved over and I am able to boot with all USB ports working. Well at least all of the ones that I am using, I haven't plugged something into ALL of them just to check. I also have sound and I know that quite a few people on other MOBOs were having issues with that.

I am going to try and see if i can get the on board graphics to work so that i can do mirroring, but I am not very hopeful after all of this debacle.

This was WAY harder than putting on Mavericks. Its done though so thank goodness for that.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back