Contribute
Register

Who installed Yosemite successfully on a GA-Z97X-UD7 TH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same mobo, have a GTX 770 and 4790k, installed fine but wiped it as was having the USB issues and couldn't log in with keyboard or mouse, which I'm just fixing now hopefully.
you need maxmem=4096 for unibeast then maxmem=4096 again with -x to reach desktop on restart.
Don't forget to uncheck 'generate CPU states in MB options. :)
Also I have switched onboard HD4600 off in bios as this gave me probs installing

I got it to instal!!!!!! I think the boot flag that did it was maxmem=8192. Now I am waiting for OSX to calculate size of my back to mac transfer (or it froze lol) and then i will be good to go.

Edit:
I am pretty sure it froze so I forced restart and to get back into OSX i had to use "-x maxmem=8192 npci=0x3000" Just an FYI and hopefully that helps.

Edit Edit: I am into Yosemite and just finished installing MultiBeast. The NVIDA drivers haven't been released for yosemite yet, so I am not able to get those installed at the moment. I just did a restart with no boot flags and so far so good.

Last edited:
Eventually i did a fresh install (still have a clone of my mavericks disk)

I was able to get into the installer using: "-x -v maxmem=4096"
installation went fine.

however when i tried to boot up OSX with the same flags it gave me a giant PARITY ERROR

I've now booted up with "-x maxmem=8192 npci=0x3000" (which was going extremely slow for some reason)

I'm now in yosemite trying to setup multicast, let's see how that works out...

(i have to say that yosemite wallpaper looks pretty amazing on a 34" 3440x1440 display :D)

well I was able to get everything setup and installed, but now I can't use any USB devices :( So I am going to try and do a fresh instal and not instal the USB 3.0 kext from multi multibeast. So....

i read somewhere that the usb 3.0 kext was only needed for series 5 and 6 mob's

BTW:

I just booted up yosemite without flags, without unibeast! and usb works :)

Excited!!!

Now some stress testing before i actually start installing all my stuff again....

edit: ooh, seems my ethernet is not working :(

When i installed earlier (before multi beast) I was able to use the internet (ethernet) with no problems. Luckily as well since I didn't transfer multi beast to the flash drive LOL.

Glad that we could all work together to get this working (I am still waiting to re-install, only have one usb keyboard in the house, and its being used lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back