Contribute
Register

Who installed Yosemite successfully on a GA-Z97X-UD7 TH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the following setup:

GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
GTX 660

And i can't seem to install yosemite, 10.9.5 works flawlessly.

I've tried updating from mavericks to yosemite, also tried a clean install.

Everytime i choose the installer in unibeast 5.01 it gives me a stop sign.
I've booted with -x -v -f, even with nv_disable=1

The same USB stick installed fine on my other system (z77x-d3h)

I removed the genericUSB kext and the two line for the kernel from the plist, like tonymacx mentioned in his update guide. that didn't help. I now restored the Extra folder, so i can at least boot back in mavericks.

Any help would be much appreciated...

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    646.7 KB · Views: 428
I am running the same motherboard and processor and I can get to the instal screen but I get a "essentials.pkg" error every time I try and run the installer. I was running 10.9.5 with zero problems, couldn't get it to upgrade so i wiped my drive to do a fresh install, and I am having the same issue. I am not sure what is going on, but hopefully we can get it sorted quickly.

nope because now I can't get back there. I am getting a kernel panic pretty quickly in. This wasn't happening last night so I have no idea what is going on LOL.

Yesterday I was able to get to the installer with "maxmem=4096 -x" as well as "maxmem=4090 -x -no-zip" but neither of those would let the installer finish. However with those boot arguments now I still get the kernel panic very quickly.

no it wasn't but I am now able to get back into the installer. Use the bios settings from misosoup's build that you were also commenting on. This is what let me back into the installer. I just used maxmem4096 and it is thinking about it now so hopefully it works this time. It will look like it hangs not he apple logo with progress bar about 25% through, but just give it time it will go to the language selection screen.

We have the same mobo and processor and I've installed successfully but my problem is as soon as I tinker with multibeast I would get kernel panic don't know why the key here is to remove the other memory sticks and start with one stick that is how I get to the installation screen

yep, i believe so.

no it wasn't but I am now able to get back into the installer. Use the bios settings from misosoup's build that you were also commenting on. This is what let me back into the installer. I just used maxmem4096 and it is thinking about it now so hopefully it works this time. It will look like it hangs not he apple logo with progress bar about 25% through, but just give it time it will go to the language selection screen.

ok i'm trying this as we speak...

Used these setting of the bios:

a. Update your BIOS using QFLASH, when I did it, the latest version was F4.
b. Load Optimized Defaults
c. M.I.T. > Advanced Memory Settings > X.M.P. > Profile 1
d. Peripherals > xHCI Mode > AUTO
e. Peripherals > xHCI Hand-off > ENABLED
f. Peripherals > EHCI Hand-off > ENABLED
g. Peripherals > Internal Graphics > DISABLED
h. Peripherals > Init Display First > PCIe slot 1 (set this to whichever slot you plugged your graphics card into. This should be PCIe slot 1 as it'll give you the best performance for your card on the PCIe x16 slot)
i. Power Management > Wake on Lan > DISABLED
j. BIOS Features > VT-d > DISABLED
k. BIOS Features > Boot Mode Selection > Legacy
l. Set the USB drive as the first boot device followed by the Mac OS X drive to be.
m. Save & Exit > Save and Exit BIOS
n. Turn off the computer

Then booted off unibeast 5.01 with the following flags:

-x -v maxmem=4096

i'll report back when i have news... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back