Contribute
Register

Who installed Yosemite successfully on a GA-Z97X-UD7 TH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lieder1987 - Do you recall what you used to get everything running? I managed to get Yosemite installed once, but then was an idiot and screwed up the install.. so now I'm back to trying to get it installed and I keep getting freezes during install. Any help on flags you used with unibeast would be great.

Anyone try and use IGPE on this board yet with Yosemite?

I have just the IGPU running till my GTX 980 arrives next week. Had many installation issues till I removed GTX 780 and fresh install using Intel HD 4600. Now no issues with screen tears, sound is perfect and boots much faster.

Do you have the mirroring options with your integrated graphics?

can you post your multi beast listing? I want to have both integrated and external PCI graphics working specifically for this.

Also what type of mac are you making your mackintosh (ie. iMac, Mac Pro, etc.)

Thanks.

can you post your multi beast listing? I want to have both integrated and external PCI graphics working specifically for this.

Also what type of mac are you making your mackintosh (ie. iMac, Mac Pro, etc.)

Thanks.

Running iMac 14.2 using others gave me issues. I'll have to workout the multi beast listing and bios settings. The main thing that helped was fresh install without external card. After getting the whole system running with IGPU then external card worked in tandem with the IGPU.

Kee, Can you post your Bios settings please and multibeast? I am trying to get my system (same as yours) to work WITHOUT a graphics card. Managed to boot from SSD, but Can't get past the install. I've been told it's very hard to get Yosemite to work with HD4600...

Kee, Can you post your Bios settings please and multibeast? I am trying to get my system (same as yours) to work WITHOUT a graphics card. Managed to boot from SSD, but Can't get past the install. I've been told it's very hard to get Yosemite to work with HD4600...

Sorry don't have the same BIOS and Multicast setting no more as I moved to IGU GTX 980. Has given me way more trouble than HD4600. As I can remember using HDMI connected to screen, normal BIOS setting such as disable Thunderbolt etc. Multibeast was -x maxmem=8192 npci=0x3000 after install of OS. Run Multibeast using attached image but select the latest version of the drivers and uncheck general CPU state.

Wish I could be more help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 16.57.14.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 16.57.14.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 347

Okay I have been having many issues OS 10.10.1 with my GTX980. So reinstalled using just the HD4600 and it was extremely easy! I've included Multibeast file and the bios settings are ONLY load Optimized Defaults, disable VT-d, Set X.M.P Memory to profile 1 and disable Thunderbolt. Restart using Unibeast at the start use boot prompt -x nothing else. Install OS and run Multibeast - DONE! Just got my GTX 980 working also but HD4600 needs to be disabled for this.

Hope this help.

Attachments

• 10.10.1 HD4600 (kee).mb
    5.3 KB · Views: 178
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back