Contribute
Register

Who here is from the Good Old PowerPC days?

Who here is from the Good Old PowerPC days?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first Mac i owned was a Mac Plus, then a Classic, Then an LC475, Then a Performa 2400, Then a PowerMac G4 which I still own and works flawlessly.

I started Mac'n back in '84... I used to play games on it in my dads office while he was at work.... owned about 10 diff macs between then and ~03... and then there was a lul in my mac ownership til recently, i bought a MacBook... its good to be back :)

My first real exposure to Macs was in 1995 at my first job outside of college and the family business. I was hooked. I sold them and saved enough to by my one Mac -- a PowerMac/Performa 6200. I ended up selling that one, as well. Then, in 1997, I bought a PowerComputing PowerCenterPro 180. I still have that puppy. Then, I had a PowerMac G3, B&W, I inherited from my office. This was in 2001. That one died on me in 2006. So, I ended up getting a 20" iMac 4,1. When that one died on my in June of this year, I built my Hackintosh for the first time.

Last edited:
My first Mac was an Atari ST with a Spectre GCR Mac Emulator. It required actual Apple ROMs and ran System 6 like a dream.

Got a Macintosh LC II
Had a Quadra 630 33MHz that I managed to overclock to 40 MHz LOL ;)
Worked on a G3
Got a G4 466 MHz, overclocked to 533 MHz, just by penciling some resistors.
Worked on a G5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back