Contribute
Register

Who here is from the Good Old PowerPC days?

Who here is from the Good Old PowerPC days?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
jvangorkum, who was your employer? Mine was ComputerWare.

My first macs were all family computers: performa of some sort. We had that for some time, and eventually we upgraded to the G3 iMac, and a G4 eMac after that. In school the first computers in the classroom was in 4th grade, the lab consisted of a bunch of qudras and early power pc machines, and a few windows 95 boxes. Middle school had a lab full of the same power PC machines. High-school saw iMacs in pretty much every classroom. This year my university bought new computers for pretty much every lab, one half of the lab being 27'' iMacs and the other half being some Dell box with core i-7s and u2711 monitors.

I personally bought MY first mac when I moved out of my parents house. it was a 2.8 or 3.02 something 24'' iMac. I loved it dearly. I also had a black macbook. Those were my last 2 actual mac purchases. I built my first hack on the LGA775 platform and haven't looked back since. I saved my brothers 2007 macbook from the garbage, replaced the HDD and RAM, cleaned it up, installed Lion on it and she runs just fine.

Oh, and I rebuilt a g4 800 something tower off Craigslist a few years back I have running system 9. I use it for old games n such... Harry the Handsome Executive, Marathon, Gone Fishing, Bonk Heads...

Hmm.... started on the Apple ][... Used MacPlus and SE's all through high school (plus a Mac 2 in there somewhere I think).

Got a Powerbook 6100/60 in college (still have it in a box somewhere), then went to a G4 tower and a Bronze Powerbook (forgot model) laptop... From there came the Beachball iMac G4, Powerbook Ti, G4 Aluminum, MacBook Pro 17" (2007) and now this one (MBP 17" 2011 model).

3 hackintosh builds in various states of functionality as well..

The Hackintosh that I'm typing on right now is the first Mac/Hackintosh I've ever used. So yeah, I'm new. :lol:

Man, how do i vote?!

I remember using OS 6.x when i was maybe like 5 years old? Also, i used a tower that was taller than me :) Prob running 7.x.

SO long ago. I remember everyone hated apple.

Been an Apple OS user my entire lifetime! turning 20 in a few days and been with apple for as long as i can remember.

I was introduced to Mac SE's in highschool in 1992. They were running Mac OS 6.0.x.

I saved up $650 and Junior year I bought a Performa 550 with 4MB of RAM running Mac OS 7.1. I later upgraded it to 7.5.5. Later, I saved up ANOTHER $80 and maxed out the RAM to 12MB!!!

A few years later, I saved up $2100 and bought a Power Computing 180mhz, 603e with a 1.2GB hard drive. Then I saved up another $80 for a 64MB RAM chip! This computer shipped with 7.5.5 with the 7.6 upgrade disk and eventually had the final Classic OS, 9.2.1.

Then a G4 eMac for $800 and then a G4 iBook for $1500. Each maxed with 1GB and 1.5GB of RAM, respectively. Each of which I was able to push to Mac OS 10.5.8.

Many years later, budget strapped, I built the CustomMacMini with 8GB of RAM, upgraded with a 3.3ghz i5 chip, for $501 in parts. Starting fresh with Mac OS 10.7 (and dual booting Windows 7).

THANKS TONY MAC!

IIci -> 8200/120 -> G3 beige (cant remember speed) -> G4 800mhz -> G4 1ghz DP mirrored door superdrive -> G5 1.6 Tower -> Intel 2.8ghz 2x quad core intel xeon tower.

Macos 7 to present!

10 print "Apple //e + Applesoft Basic 1.0"
20 goto 10

that's how it started .... and here's the ones i worked on

(the ones i owned are marked with *)

- apple //c *
- Macintosh plus
- Classic II
- quadra 900
- LC 475 *
- 8600av *
- G3 BW 400 Mhz with SCSI II *
- Powerbook Titanium
- Hackintosh with 2.4 Ghz (asus mb & coreDuo)
- Hackintosh (gigabyte mb & Q6600 at with 3 Ghz)
- Hackintosh (gigabyte mb & I7 2600k at 4,5 Ghz)

8.6 was my favorite system ... it was really easy to understand the full structure of the system and how it works. nowadays you'll have to beg tonymac for help :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back