Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I'm trying to install SL on a fresh HDD but the same hardware components. I'm getting the grey screen with the apple log after the system recognizes the retail DVD and tries to boot. When I try -x, it will try to boot but at the end go to the white apple logo screen. I don't understand what the problem could be because I believe I am following the right bios set-up.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html
Does anyone know what I can do to get the installation going?

BTW: the reason I am reinstalling is I got the apple logo with the spinner and none of the boot flags worked.(loaded the DSDT for this board but was still getting mirrored screens. Ran Multibeast, ticked graphics, ticked 64 bit Enabler and reboot....got the apple logo with the spinning timer that no matter what I did could not get it past that)

Please help!!! :banghead:

Also I changed the video card from the ATI HD 5450 1GB to the EVGA NVidia 210 1GB.

Z68-AP-D3 Bios F3
i5-2500k
EVGA 210 1GB DDR3
4gb Kingston 1333
Hitachi 500 7200/16/3G

Used another MAC to reformat the drive but still the same. I am beginning to think the MoBo saved the presets and won't let me in regardless of the drive being new. I even loaded W7 on another drive with this machine and it went through perfectly. :crazy: Going crazy right now!!!

I had a simular issue when It just stayed on the Apple logo. I booted using my iboot disk again, installed the graphics driver, then re started the computer without the iboot disk. Worked!

philhoyt said:
I had a simular issue when It just stayed on the Apple logo. I booted using my iboot disk again, installed the graphics driver, then re started the computer without the iboot disk. Worked!

When you say "installed the graphics driver" how do you do that? I'm not getting past the white apple screen on my build....

Re:(Solved)white screen with apple logo only

had to use a different mac to format and place the SL dmg on the drive, put the HDD in the my hack, use iboot to load, and once it saw the HD, I selected the HDD to load from. Everything else was txt book install. In any case loaded the DSDT for the Z68-AP-D3 F3 board and it works. The only thing I have to double check is the dual monitors on the GeForce 210 1GB. ITOEHAPPY!!!! :mrgreen:

hi guys.. i am new here :D

i got a pretty old pc (6 years) and was wondering if its still works on the old system. i kinda face similar problems as well. my pc froze at the white background with the apple logo.

i never purchase SL. i got a macbook the last time and use the DVD (SL) that comes with it.

system details:

pentium D 3.00GHz
MSI 945GM2
3gb ram
80gb sata
dvd drive IDE
Nvidia GeForce 7500

Thanks in advance! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back