Motherboard
X79-UD3
CPU
i7 3820
Graphics
GTX 780ti x2 SLI
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone. I have tried Unibeast and when I arrive to the installer the screen goes White and there is no way to see anything, only the spinning wheel and then de mouse is displayed. My system config:

Ga-Ep45-ds3r
Intel core 2 quad
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD6870 1Gb DDR5

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

I have the same problem but a different motherboard and processor (GA-Z68XP-UD4 and i7 Sandy bridge). I think it could be down to Graphics card support in the installer as I have the same one as you.

I may try and boot connected to the built in HD3000 graphics.

I can confirm that both solutions enable a successful boot into the ML installation program:

1. Connnecting the Intel built in graphics (i3, i5, i7) to your monitor and then running the Mountain Lion Installation
2. Using the HD 6870 but removing the ATI6000Controller.kext from the Mountain Line Installation Device.

Thanks

You can also use an older nVidia display adapter to do this and then switch back to the 6870. You'll also get full graphics support.

I had the same issue with my XFX Radeon HD 6870. Everytime I got to the installer I would get a white screen that would flicker. I ended up swapping the video card to a GeForce 9800 GT and that allowed the Installer to come right up with no issue. Once the installation was complete the GeForce 9800 GT wouldn't allow the OS to boot so I swapped back to the 6870 and connected the DVI to the bottom one on the card that got me through the loading screen but they as it was going to the Desktop the screen went black so I switched from the bottom DVI to the top one and then the image came back and I was able to get into the desktop.

Thanks jester969!! I have followed your post and I have my ML running but I've got another error, this happened to me with Lion too. I'm going to explain it the better I can. (Sorry for my English)

On both, system and installation, i got ramdom freezes with the transitions of the windows. For example in installer, I open Disk utility, it zooms out but it gets stuck in the middle of the transition, and sometimes I got the color wheel running forever...

In System, I go to "about this mac" click on "more information" and the window "about this mac" fades out but not completely and it stays there forever... also happens when I open safari, an icon, or when I press spacebar on a text file. Sometimes I get the color wheel and in task manager it says finder not responding...

Again... Any ideas?

This happened to me with lion too.

It looks like you are having issues with your gfx card. See if the manufacturer will fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back