Contribute
Register

White Screen and Spinning Wheel... No love! Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I built a system with the following config:

i7 2600k
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
8 GB RAM
Galaxy GTX 460 768MB Video Card
160GB Intel SSD

I patched my BIOS according to Samisnake's instructions, and installed OS X ML 10.8.2 from the USB drive with Unibeast according to the guides here. However, on my first boot from my native Hard Drive/SSD, I get the apple logo then I go into this white screen with the spinning color wheel -- and the system just keeps on there without advancing. I haven't even gotten to Multibeast since I cannot get past the first step with Unibeast.

I've tried multiple bootflags including PCIUIDRoot=0 or GraphicsEnabler=No and none of these have actually worked. I tried switching to my motherboard's Intel HD3000 Graphics card, but no change there either.

Anyone have any ideas? I would greatly appreciate it. This malfunction is driving me absolutely crazy. I've tried everything I can think up and every permutation of troubleshooting.

EDIT: Never mind, I got this to work by doing -x in SAFE MODE. Now the problem is that I cannot run MULTIBEAST because OS X is saying that this is a file that is not from a trusted site. Oh Crap..... I tried going to security preferences, but it appears greyed out (I think, as a consequence of running in Safe mode). Any ideas?

I am having the exact same problem, If I try and run uniloader or OSX I get that white screen with :beachball:, But if I run it in safe mode its fine. However even after installing all my drivers I still can only boot in safe mode! Looking for a fix ASAP Please :S. My hardware is...

MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I
CPU: i7-2600
RAM: 8GB 1300hz
GCard: HD 5850

Also to solve that non trusted installer just copy the file to your desktop and run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back