4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I created a Catalina install USB, booted to it, nearly completed progress bar then the "white circle with line through it" (no install/no further boot) appears, ending my Catalina install.

After a lot of experimentation, and wanting to bid the install farewell, I tried this:

I was inserting my USB installer into one of two USB ports on the front of my case. So I tried inserting the USB drive into one of the USB 3.0 ports on the back of the case, directly to the motherboard. Rebooted to the USB drive, chose Mac OS Catalina install, progress bar completed and went perfectly through the install process.

So for those having problems with the "White Circle w/Line" preventing install, try plugging the install USB directly into a port from the motherboard instead of to an external or off-board port.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem, but this is with the upgrade from Mojave, so no USB.

On the first reboot, it gets most of the way through, then freeze and circle with line through it.

I should add that this is an Asus Z-97 Pro board, with i7 4790k and on-board graphics.

Help, anyone.

I have a Kepler graphics board (GTX 680) but I don't know if I should try that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back