Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 7586
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 (2-in-1), model 7586.
It has a Whiskey Lake i7-8565U with Intel UHD 620 Graphics.
I've got full QE/CI, and the backlight works fine with the new WhateverGreen CFL patches and SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml.

I'm getting some weird graphical glitches. For a start, blur effects like the launchpad background look horrendous, like I have 16-bit colour or something (macOS reports 24-bit, and I'm pretty sure Windows does 32 or something). A picture is below. Next, gradients have stripes of shades instead of a smooth blend. This was to hard to get in a photo, though. The last thing is the weird lines surrounding the dock. A photo is below. None of these things show up in screenshots. All-in-all, it looks like I'm remoting into my desktop via a highly compressed VNC connection rather than the display being actually connected, like it is. One last thing to note is that macOS says the built-in display's connected via DisplayPort, but I don't think that's the issue - I just need to add the right connector device properties?

IMG_20190617_200714.jpgIMG_20190617_204634.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190617_200714.jpg
    IMG_20190617_200714.jpg
    959.1 KB · Views: 248
  • debug_2097.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 231
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 (2-in-1), model 7586.
It has a Whiskey Lake i7-8565U with Intel UHD 620 Graphics.
I've got full QE/CI, and the backlight works fine with the new WhateverGreen CFL patches and SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml.

I'm getting some weird graphical glitches. For a start, blur effects like the launchpad background look horrendous, like I have 16-bit colour or something (macOS reports 24-bit, and I'm pretty sure Windows does 32 or something). A picture is below. Next, gradients have stripes of shades instead of a smooth blend. This was to hard to get in a photo, though. The last thing is the weird lines surrounding the dock. A photo is below. None of these things show up in screenshots. All-in-all, it looks like I'm remoting into my desktop via a highly compressed VNC connection rather than the display being actually connected, like it is. One last thing to note is that macOS says the built-in display's connected via DisplayPort, but I don't think that's the issue - I just need to add the right connector device properties?

View attachment 411734View attachment 411735
update your config.plist to something more suitable, check the laptop guide:

also you need to install all your kexts to /L/E

How and where to install kexts:

update your config.plist to something more suitable, check the laptop guide:

also you need to install all your kexts to /L/E

How and where to install kexts:
What do you mean, something more suitable?
I prefer to put my kexts in Clover so they don't get deleted with upgrades. Is there a major reason why I should put them in L/E? I've never had any problems before, and I doubt that's what's causing this.

What do you mean, something more suitable?
I prefer to put my kexts in Clover so they don't get deleted with upgrades. Is there a major reason why I should put them in L/E? I've never had any problems before, and I doubt that's what's causing this.
something more suitable would be something like:

kexts don't get deleted by upgrades, not sure where you heard that from

something more suitable would be something like:

kexts don't get deleted by upgrades, not sure where you heard that from
I have UHD 620 graphics on Whiskey Lake, not HD620 on Kaby Lake. That config doesn't work. My current one has QE/CI and Metal working - that's not the issue.

I have UHD 620 graphics on Whiskey Lake, not HD620 on Kaby Lake. That config doesn't work. My current one has QE/CI and Metal working - that's not the issue.
have you tried to use MacBookPro15,2 definition in SMBIOS?

you have so much "junk" in your config.plist, difficult it sift through, maybe you should try and tidy it up a little, make it look more like:

have you tried to use MacBookPro15,2 definition in SMBIOS?

you have so much "junk" in your config.plist, difficult it sift through, maybe you should try and tidy it up a little, make it look more like:
I tried MacBookPro15,2. Problem still persists. I'll clean up my config.plist later today.

@hacker1024 did you ever managed to fix this? Please if you did post link something here.

Thank you very much!

@pikitriks99
I got a display replacement from Dell due to unrelated reasons, and the problem disappeared. The new panel has different vendor and hardware IDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back