Graphics
Radeon HD 7700 Ghz edition
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,.. I'm experiencing a weird issue here.. I installed Yosemite successfully on my SSD, tried to boot it with chimera installed on my EFI Partition and then there was this apple logo with loading bar and halfway there, the screen flashed and then the Mac OS cursor showed up like this:beachball: on a grey screen, but few seconds later I got some garbled screen, so I researched about it for a bit, somebody told me to use PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f flags, tried booting again and got the screens shown as below.
DSC_0078.jpgDSC_0079.jpgDSC_0080.jpgAs you can see, there is this Windows icons mixed up with cursors and stuffs.. Of course those icons are from my windows OS on my other SSD but why would this happen and how can I fix it? (Tried unconnecting the Windows SSD, didnt solve the case) Is there any problem with my graphic card?
BTW, Windows and Mac is installed on different drives.. so can't grab a clue for this problem now help me please!

--running Yosemite with Radeon HD7770 Ghz Edition on Asus P7P55D LE board. Using HDMI port of the graphic card.

Please read the Rules :

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks.. Didn't know what to fill in the system actually, would it be fine if I just fill in the blank by my mainboard name?

Yes - Just put Asus P7P55D LE there.

Hi guys,.. I'm experiencing a weird issue here.. I installed Yosemite successfully on my SSD, tried to boot it with chimera installed on my EFI Partition and then there was this apple logo with loading bar and halfway there, the screen flashed and then the Mac OS cursor showed up like this:beachball: on a grey screen, but few seconds later I got some garbled screen, so I researched about it for a bit, somebody told me to use PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f flags, tried booting again and got the screens shown as below.
View attachment 140326View attachment 140327View attachment 140328As you can see, there is this Windows icons mixed up with cursors and stuffs.. Of course those icons are from my windows OS on my other SSD but why would this happen and how can I fix it? (Tried unconnecting the Windows SSD, didnt solve the case) Is there any problem with my graphic card?
BTW, Windows and Mac is installed on different drives.. so can't grab a clue for this problem now help me please!

--running Yosemite with Radeon HD7770 Ghz Edition on Asus P7P55D LE board. Using HDMI port of the graphic card.

Thank you for updating Profile with your current hardware Specs

• Those GUI Screen images you have uploaded are not helpful to try and figure out the cause of your present booting problem.
  • You need to insert -v boot flag for Verbose boot and upload legible text based images of 'frozen screen'
  • Please confirm if you have installed Yosemite on an SSD AFTER the Windows Installation on a second drive. If you Install Yos and then install Windows afterwards, YOS may not boot.
  • Please List your Multibeast 7.3 options selected on your current Yosemite HDD in addition to Chimera 4.1.0.
Good luck

Thank you for updating Profile with your current hardware Specs

• Those GUI Screen images you have uploaded are not helpful to try and figure out the cause of your present booting problem.
  • You need to insert -v boot flag for Verbose boot and upload legible text based images of 'frozen screen'
  • Please confirm if you have installed Yosemite on an SSD AFTER the Windows Installation on a second drive. If you Install Yos and then install Windows afterwards, YOS may not boot.
  • Please List your Multibeast 7.3 options selected on your current Yosemite HDD in addition to Chimera 4.1.0.
Good luck

Yes, I installed the Yosemite after windows thank you, and actually when I try verbose boot the texts go down and down and suddenly the screen flashes and displays that screen or doesn't give signal to the monitor at all.. so I guess it's just Mac having problems with detecting the graphics card.. (but safe mode works fine so what the heck..)
Oh, and how can I check my Multibeast options? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back