Contribute
Register

Which Z370 motherboards support both Hackintosh and Ubuntu Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I want to build a Hackintosh using i7-8700K CPU. Could you please let me know which Z370 motherboards is compatible with both Hackintosh and Ubuntu Linux? If you don't know the Ubuntu, just Hacintosh answer is OK. Thanks

Hi, I want to build a Hackintosh using i7-8700K CPU. Could you please let me know which Z370 motherboards is compatible with both Hackintosh and Ubuntu Linux? If you don't know the Ubuntu, just Hackintosh answer is OK. Thanks

Any of the Z370 motherboards in the Buyer's Guide should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra. Personally I recommend Gigabyte or Asus boards.

Thanks. I am considering the Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming as ASUS support "thinks" that it might work. Does it work well out of the box is another issue.

Thanks. I am considering the Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming as ASUS support "thinks" that it might work. Does it work well out of the box is another issue.

There's no reason that motherboard wouldn't work. I have macOS, Linux Mint, and Windows on my Z370-G.

Thanks. For building the Hackintosh that can also run Linux and Windows, do you recommend i7-8700K or i5-8400?

As for the RAM, as long as it is DDR4, do I have to worry about compatibility?

Thanks. For building the Hackintosh that can also run Linux and Windows, do you recommend i7-8700K or i5-8400?

As for the RAM, as long as it is DDR4, do I have to worry about compatibility?

Either CPU is fine. Just make sure the RAM works with the motherboard.

Thanks. Do you see noticeable difference between 8700K and 8400?

ASUS does not list RAM over 16GB on the QVL for ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming but G.Skill said that their 32GB/64GB DDR4 Kits are compatible. Is that good enough to go ahead to place the order?

Thanks. Do you see noticeable difference between 8700K and 8400?

ASUS does not list RAM over 16GB on the QVL for ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming but G.Skill said that their 32GB/64GB DDR4 Kits are compatible. Is that good enough to go ahead to place the order?

It all depends on what you are doing and which apps you are running. Some apps benefit from more cores, some don't.

If the RAM vendor claims compatibility, it should be good....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back