Contribute
Register

Which would be more compatiable as a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580 & WX7100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there, looking for some buying advice for a new rig. I don't have much experience with hackintosh's, so I'm looking for advice from people.
I'll be starting off in engineering shortly, I'm learning programming with Xcode, will be using Logic Pro X, and I game.
Here are the two options I've come up with, please advise which would be more compatible:

XEON BUILD
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake 3.7GHz LGA1151
Mobo: Asus P10S WS
RAM: DDR4 Kingston ValueRAM 16GB ECC 2400 unbuffered x2
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000 32gb (2x16)
_________
Shared components:
EVGA GTX 780
EVGA 550W fully modular PSU
_________

Even if you have suggestions for parts I should get instead of what's listed, let me know.

I was leaning more towards the Xeon build for the ECC ram. Is there a way to tell the compatibility of the system?
Or do you guys only find out once someone's tried the build?

I was leaning more towards the Xeon build for the ECC ram. Is there a way to tell the compatibility of the system?
Or do you guys only find out once someone's tried the build?
It's always best to start with parts from the Buyer's Guide. That will give you the best chance of success. Note that there are no server/workstation motherboards in the B.G. currently. That's for a reason. You can try it of course but expect it to require more work on your part and more time and research on your part. It is nothing at all like installing Windows on PC hardware. The HP Z series and Elite series desktops are an exception to the rule. They are actually easier. When looking at Asus and Gigabyte WS motherboards it's a different story.

Wicked, appreciate your help. I'll look at the BG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back