Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I wonder on this to select which way? I cannot update my 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 and don't want to update my Snow Leopard to Lion rather I want jus' install a clean Lion on my PC. "XMove + MultiBeast" is for update from SL but on that page you said use "iBoot + MultiBeast" for clean install, anyway the iB+M page didn't update and on that way on Downloads forum you writed iBoot is just for 10.6.x! Am I need to use rBoot for my installation? And use the 4.0.3 vr of MultiBeast after (I wish) install? o_O

FreePHOENiX said:
I wonder on this to select which way? I cannot update my 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 and don't want to update my Snow Leopard to Lion rather I want jus' install a clean Lion on my PC. "XMove + MultiBeast" is for update from SL but on that page you said use "iBoot + MultiBeast" for clean install, anyway the iB+M page didn't update and on that way on Downloads forum you writed iBoot is just for 10.6.x! Am I need to use rBoot for my installation? And use the 4.0.3 vr of MultiBeast after (I wish) install? o_O

Whatever is easiest - the method ijhu points out might be better.

I did a base 10.6.0 install, applied the Sandy bridge fix ("UpdateHelper") and rebooting, upgraded to 10.6.8, and then installed Lion, according to Tony's directions - which are fantastic.

It takes about an hour, but it is worth it.

Trial and error are inevitable, but once you figure out the logic you'll never forget it. Like bicycle riding. :)

I've yet to install apps as I want to do a basepoint backup before finishing drivers, then I'll do apps.

But Lion + MultiBeast (Lion) seems to know what to go do with most of my hardware by default, apart from audio (Realtek) I still need to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back