Contribute
Register

Which video editor that is NOT FCPX in Mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 UD AX
CPU
i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
FCPX is absolute trash, so I am looking for another NLE. MacOS is supposed to be the “creative” preferred environment for video, music, production etc, but I can’t seem to find a good solution. First, Apple murders NVIDIA/CUDA support, so then you think “oh, they must want you to use AMD/openCL”, but then in Mojave they ****ing kill openCL so we have to use their **** intel/metal? What the hell am I supposedly to do? Downgrade to Sierra? Here are my poison options:

1) FCPX - it is absolute aids, so no.

2) Premiere Pro - killed cuda and openCL, must use **** Metal or “software” rendering.

3) Avid Media Composer - free version limited to cucked 1080p renders, and only “subscriptions” are available for pro versions.

4) iMovie - lol

5) Divinci Resolve - supposedly abysmal speed performance while editing.

What does Apple want me to do? Use Premiere with onboard graphics? Why would they kill openCL if they aren’t replacing it with an alternative? Metal isn’t an alternative to openCL.

5) Divinci Resolve - supposedly abysmal speed performance while editing.
I'd suggest you give it a try, especially since the core suite is free. Davinci Resolve is brilliant and works well on both Windows and macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back