Contribute
Register

Which system definition is best for hackintosh computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning a Haswell build and also want to go to Mavericks relatively soon. Given probably these basics:

Intel Core i7-4770K
Integrated graphics
Some sort of SSD + HDD
GA-Z87X-UD3H
And other compatible stuff

which system to use? I'm particularly interested since I've read that one needs something more recent than 3,1 to use Airplay, which I rather need.

And is there a drawback for use with any particular software if one is running an older system definition? I am rather unclear on the consequences for day to day use esp with newer software or hardware.

thanks!

I don't know if you still need this information but Im currently running on a Z77X-UD5H with MacPro 3,1 and use AirPlay all the time, so no worrys :D

I don't know if you still need this information but Im currently running on a Z77X-UD5H with MacPro 3,1 and use AirPlay all the time, so no worrys :D
read the hd2500 and chimera post, someone told me that airplay worked under mac pro 3.1
regards wolf

I've been searching for more information on completing my installation of 10.9.1. Not sure what is the main problem. Safari not loading, and the page blinks. Other Apps freeze, and so I wonder if it's the graphics kext? Installed NVEnabler, and that doesn't appear to be working. I tried using the GeekBench to determine what system to define the computer in MultiBeast, but since Safari won't load, I'm stuck.

I am using the F13 BIOS, and used the DSDT. Any suggestions?

I've been searching for more information on completing my installation of 10.9.1. Not sure what is the main problem. Safari not loading, and the page blinks. Other Apps freeze, and so I wonder if it's the graphics kext? Installed NVEnabler, and that doesn't appear to be working. I tried using the GeekBench to determine what system to define the computer in MultiBeast, but since Safari won't load, I'm stuck.

I am using the F13 BIOS, and used the DSDT. Any suggestions?

My Hack Freezes all the time in XCode or when surfing. The GUI freezes and you can still move cursor. Problem is with apple graphics driver. Try download nvidia web driver and install it (your system definition muste be 3.1 4.1 or 5.1 to load drivers) after that i have no graphics problems and no freezes. But CUDA driver don't work when u enable nvidia drivers from panel. Everything else works fine.

I'm just a noob when it comes to this Hackintosh stuff, but this tool seems like it might be really useful in identifying the best System Definition for your build. Just tweak the number at the end of the URL to see the systems/processors for each System Definition and try to select the one which is the closest match to your actual processor.

http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords=iMac14,2

Depends on the generation of your processor; see Post #1, ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management

Hey @toleda,

I see you've got a few builds and one has i7-4770k. Was wondering what system definition you've been most successful with, because I've been getting random freezes and have been told it is most likely the system definition I've selected in my Clover config. :banghead:

Thanks!
Ryan

hi there,
i didnt found any info for sys def for latest 6th i3 proc?
u have any info what will be best option ?

thnx
S
Because there are no Macs using the i3. Only i5 and i7 are in the current Macs. You can try using the 17,1 system definition and add FakeCPUID into Clover to try to fool the system into thinking you have an i5.

Because there are no Macs using the i3. Only i5 and i7 are in the current Macs. You can try using the 17,1 system definition and add FakeCPUID into Clover to try to fool the system into thinking you have an i5.
Ok, thnx for help....
there is one sysdef that uses i3 proc, imac 13,1.....colud this work maybe?

Thnx
S

Ok, thnx for help....
there is one sysdef that uses i3 proc, imac 13,1.....colud this work maybe?

Thnx
S
No, that is the Ivy Bridge CPU, not a Skylake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back