Contribute
Register

Which system definition is best for hackintosh computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
i5
Graphics
GTX-650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Which system definition is best for hackintosh computers

Multibeast defaults a customac with the MacPro3,1 (MacPro 2008) since it works straight out after installation. Try whatever floats your boat but remember, some profiles will cause a kernel panic. For example, a MacPro5,1 with the AppleTYMCEDriver.kext undeleted in the S>L>E folder will cause your newly built customac to crash. I've tried the iMac12,1 (iMac mid 2011) profile and my system had no kernel panic after rebooting.

Depends on your system configuration. The most popular ones are: MacPro,3,1 & MacMini,5,1
Hey what sistem definition do you recommend me for my build.
z68x-ud3h-b3 bios f12
geforce gt 640
tp ling wifi
targus bluetooth
intel 3570
under mac pro 5.1 im having sleep issues inconsistent sleep, and i read on one of your previous posts that you got 640 audio working.
how can i achieve that?
regards wolfintosh

Depends on the generation of your processor; see Post #1, ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management
sorry my mistake im under mac pro 3.1 and i will like to have 5.1, also mu cpu its ivy.
i have tested erasing darkwake =0 and darkwake = 0 and darkwake =8 but doesnt seem to work with darkwake= 8 i can manually sleep my build but not always and when i shut it down some times it reboots
regards wolf

Hey what sistem definition do you recommend me for my build.
z68x-ud3h-b3 bios f12
geforce gt 640
tp ling wifi
targus bluetooth
intel 3570
under mac pro 5.1 im having sleep issues inconsistent sleep, and i read on one of your previous posts that you got 640 audio working.
how can i achieve that?
regards wolfintosh

iMac12,2 works well for UEFI & GT640 (it worked fine on F12 BIOS too)

Without GT640 and using only HD3000, I recommend Macmini5,1

For HDMI Audio, follow toleda's excellent definitive guide on the subject: 'Mountain Lion HDMI Audio' in the audio section.

I'm planning a Haswell build and also want to go to Mavericks relatively soon. Given probably these basics:

Intel Core i7-4770K
Integrated graphics
Some sort of SSD + HDD
GA-Z87X-UD3H
And other compatible stuff

which system to use? I'm particularly interested since I've read that one needs something more recent than 3,1 to use Airplay, which I rather need.

And is there a drawback for use with any particular software if one is running an older system definition? I am rather unclear on the consequences for day to day use esp with newer software or hardware.

thanks!

iMac12,2 works well for UEFI & GT640 (it worked fine on F12 BIOS too)

Without GT640 and using only HD3000, I recommend Macmini5,1

For HDMI Audio, follow toleda's excellent definitive guide on the subject: 'Mountain Lion HDMI Audio' in the audio section.
thanks Kris, where toleda lost me was with the step that required patching DTST
any thoughts about mac pro 5.1? due to my geekbench score ill prefer 5.1.
f 12 bios, do you remember your power management config about sleep states?
deleting darkwake= 0 puts my build to sleep but 640 doesn't seem to wake up

thanks Kris, where toleda lost me was with the step that required patching DTST
any thoughts about mac pro 5.1? due to my geekbench score ill prefer 5.1.
f 12 bios, do you remember your power management config about sleep states?
deleting darkwake= 0 puts my build to sleep but 640 doesn't seem to wake up

You'd be better off on UEFI for sleep/wake but you can try darkwake=8 or 10.

DSDT from the database needs to be edited for HDMI Audio to work. (For UEFI you can extract and then use toldeda's patcher)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back