Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H270N-WIFI
CPU
i5 7500T
Graphics
Integrated Intel HD
Hi,

I would like to use my existing PC to try a Hackintosh build with Catalina, by just temporarily removing the hard drive and fitting a new one, for installing OSX.

The SSDs in the hardware guide seem a bit expensive for what will be an experiment, so can anyone recommend something compatible, up to 250GB-ish max.

My motherboard has an M2 socket - I don’t know much about that, but I guess it’s an alternative, if it’s cheaper/easier/gives better performance.

My existing hardware is as follows:

Gigabyte GA-H270N-WIFI
Intel Core i5 7500T s1151 (Kaby)
8GB HyperX DDR4 RAM (HX424C15FB2/8)
Crucial MX500 2.5” 250GB SSD (Win10)

Does my PSU matter?

I’m looking to just swap out my hard drive without making any other changes.

Thanks!

Hi,

I would like to use my existing PC to try a Hackintosh build with Catalina, by just temporarily removing the hard drive and fitting a new one, for installing OSX.

The SSDs in the hardware guide seem a bit expensive for what will be an experiment, so can anyone recommend something compatible, up to 250GB-ish max.

My motherboard has an M2 socket - I don’t know much about that, but I guess it’s an alternative, if it’s cheaper/easier/gives better performance.

My existing hardware is as follows:

Gigabyte GA-H270N-WIFI
Intel Core i5 7500T s1151 (Kaby)
8GB HyperX DDR4 RAM (HX424C15FB2/8)
Crucial MX500 2.5” 250GB SSD (Win10)

Does my PSU matter?

I’m looking to just swap out my hard drive without making any other changes.

Thanks!

Just about any 2.5" SATA SSD should work. I use a Kingston A400 SSD in my main system which boots Mojave and I have no doubt it will work with Catalina if I want to.

That’s great to hear!
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back