Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
iMac1,1 SMBIOS(only RX 570)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, I have got hardware like in profile, and I want choose SMBIOS for that, RX570 and Intel UHD 630 before work on MacMini8,1 but after update to 10.4.5 I got glitches. Need help.

Hi, I have got hardware like in profile, and I want choose SMBIOS for that, RX570 and Intel UHD 630 before work on MacMini8,1 but after update to 10.4.5 I got glitches. Need help.

@Spagnoletto,

The only desktop Mac Appel released with 8th Gen Coffee Lake CPu's was the 2018 MacMini SMBIOS = MacMini 18,1, however it is a bit of a strange configuration due to its use of TB3 for dGPU's

Since there are no changes to the instruction set or CPU features between Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake (just extra cores) I would use imac 18,2 and spoof your CPU using WhatEverGreen as Kaby Lake i5 7400 using the boot flag lilucpu=9 and configure the IGPU as Headless using PlatformID 0x59180002 or 0x59120003.

For more info on using WhatEverGreens spoofing feature see :-

For more info on configuring WhatEverGreen for headless IGPU see:-

Cheers
Jay

@Spagnoletto,

The only desktop Mac Appel released with 8th Gen Coffee Lake CPu's was the 2018 MacMini SMBIOS = MacMini 18,1, however it is a bit of a strange configuration due to its use of TB3 for dGPU's

Since there are no changes to the instruction set or CPU features between Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake (just extra cores) I would use imac 18,2 and spoof your CPU using WhatEverGreen as Kaby Lake i5 7400 using the boot flag lilucpu=9 and configure the IGPU as Headless using PlatformID 0x59180002 or 0x59120003.

For more info on using WhatEverGreens spoofing feature see :-

For more info on configuring WhatEverGreen for headless IGPU see:-

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jay,

Reading this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/, it says for coffee lake CPU, "Please note that the new WhateverGreen will not work with fake Kaby Lake platform-id's"

Is it true that we no longer can use the spoofing method? Which SMBIOS should I use for i5-8400 please?

Is it true that we no longer can use the spoofing method? Which SMBIOS should I use for i5-8400 please?

@chchew,

Spoofing Coffee Lake as Kaby Lake should not really be needed any more as you can use iMac19.X which natively uses Coffee Lake CPU's so the developers of WhatEverGreen removed the featue. However it seems a lot of users are still using the spoofing method and complained about its removal so it looks like the feature has been put back

If you re-read that post you will see :-

(Update: vit9696 added back ability to fake Kaby Lake platform-id's)

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back