Contribute
Register

Which RX5700 XT to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thank you for the info! I'm planning on buying a card and want one that is not a jet engine and space heater! How about Gigabyte or Aorus? Saphire?

I had a rx 480 8gb Asus Strix and have a rx 580 Asus Strix 8gb, both 3 fans models, and are really loud and hot models. Not recommend at all Asus Strix models. I had learned that with Asus you pay more for ROG gaming logo that for actually good "engineering".
Also on windows is better to use the AMD software than the Asus software to control the card.

And on Amazon Spain the XFX 5700 XT had really bad reviews, noisy and really hot, just beauty designs. The customers are returning all those cards.

Wow, thank you for the info! I'm planning on buying a card and want one that is not a jet engine and space heater! How about Gigabyte or Aorus? Saphire?

I have no info on that models. But on my opinion, Asus Rog stuff not worth a penny. Just fancy "gaming" stuff with no real good performance.
I was used to read people on the forum pretty happy with the Sapphire nitro+ Vega64. But I have been little disconnected since 5700 xt launch so not sure with that one.

I’ll add another part, hows the heat on it? I have a machine that gets too hot with its three fan 580 so I’m concerned with heat.

Is it quiet out of the box or did you have to adjust voltage or anything?

I’ll add another part, hows the heat on it? I have a machine that gets too hot with its three fan 580 so I’m concerned with heat.
I had a 580 Pulse previously and when my daughter played Roblox the fans would spin up and make a lot of noise.

Since then I have changed the system and so far the only audible noise I have is the Hard Discs spinning up. My son has given Fortnite a lot of hours and no audible noise. The case I use is a Thermaltake P3 Core which has great airflow which may help with Temperatures but I Believe the 5700xt to be head and shoulders above the 580, in terms of performance and heat.

When playing Wreckfest game under windows the MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming X temperature is above 80°C and Fans full speed. The Phanteks P400S is also becoming very hot.

So I decided to build my first Custom Loop "Water cooling" CPU and GPU.
The result is impressive, and apparently fully compatible with Catalina. I am using the Smart Fan 5 from the Aorus Mother board.

Now my PC is very quiet, when playing Wreckfest GPU is at 60° C maximum ;)

IMG_20200301_213008.jpg
IMG_20200302_221703.jpg

Looks amazing!

MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X is actually one of the best together with PowerColor Red Devil
how do you get this card running on catalina? iam struggeling for about 2 weeks now

+1 for the PowerColor Red Devil. Zero issue getting it to work in Catalina and it's one of the best performing 3rd party cards out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back