i7-9700K
Graphics
MSI RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I want to buy an AMD RX5700 XT card, however the Buyer's guide did not mention any models.
I saw many post about this card but I am a little bit confused.

So I do have 2 questions:

1- is this card fully working "acceleration" with Catalina latest version
2- if yes is there a sprecific model to select, as many manufactueur are selling such card.
I am looking for a silent one. by the way the most silent I found is the " MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming X"

Thanks for any advice and experience sharing.

All of them are the same reference design. The only difference is the heatsink and fans so any of them will work.

Hi,

I want to buy an AMD RX5700 XT card, however the Buyer's guide did not mention any models.
I saw many post about this card but I am a little bit confused.

So I do have 2 questions:

1- is this card fully working "acceleration" with Catalina latest version
2- if yes is there a sprecific model to select, as many manufactueur are selling such card.
I am looking for a silent one. by the way the most silent I found is the " MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming X"

Thanks for any advice and experience sharing.

I tested a MSI Evoke model it worked well. I currently have the MSI 5500xt gaming and it works well too.

Use lilukext and Whatevergteenkext and boot arg. agdpmod=pikera

I think the Asus ROG Strix is the fasted (most overclocked) version of this card. Since a lot of AMD cards are hot I tend to look for three fan versions but that's a personal choice.

I had a rx 480 8gb Asus Strix and have a rx 580 Asus Strix 8gb, both 3 fans models, and are really loud and hot models. Not recommend at all Asus Strix models. I had learned that with Asus you pay more for ROG gaming logo that for actually good "engineering".
Also on windows is better to use the AMD software than the Asus software to control the card.

And on Amazon Spain the XFX 5700 XT had really bad reviews, noisy and really hot, just beauty designs. The customers are returning all those cards.

I finally ordered the MSI card as per all comments and test found on the net.
I do not regret my choice, this card is very silent and do have Fan stop ;)

I also finalized my new Hackintosh based on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro and Intel i7-9700K
"My profile has been updated :|"
The build was not so easy, but for the time being all seems to work ok..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back