Lenovo ThinkPad S440
CPU
i7-4510U
Graphics
HD 4400 + HD 8670M @ 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I've read some posts about recommended Wi-Fi cards that work with Yosemite (El Capitan in future), but they are all PCI-E.
I am looking for simple PCI (not PCI-E) card, becouse my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H) has only 2 PCI-E slots (one for my GTX 960). What card could You recommend?

You'd have to do the research on this. There may be an older PCI Mac Pro wireless card
that works with Yosemite. You could find out by searching some of the online original
MP support forums. I know for sure that they would work up through Snow Leopard
but after that I doubt that the PCI card manufacturers have updated Mac drivers.

You might look for some compatible USB wifi solutions if you can't utilize that other
open PCI-e slot for a TP-Link card that works.

Thank You for the reply. I am building hackintosh for my friend. WiFi card has to work also in Windows, so parts from Macs are not the option for me.

I think I will buy this: TP-LINK TL-WN881ND, will it work in second PCI-E slot of my motherboard?

Hello!

I've read some posts about recommended Wi-Fi cards that work with Yosemite (El Capitan in future), but they are all PCI-E.
I am looking for simple PCI (not PCI-E) card, becouse my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H) has only 2 PCI-E slots (one for my GTX 960). What card could You recommend?
If your GPU covers the second slot, have you considered moving the GPU to the second slot and inserting the WiFi in the first?
Alternatively, you can get a PCIe riser cable, insert it in the second slot, then install your GPU, covering the connector. Not sure how you would secure the WiFi card, but that is mechanical issue a good modder can figure out.

Thank You for the reply. I am building hackintosh for my friend. WiFi card has to work also in Windows, so parts from Macs are not the option for me.

I think I will buy this: TP-LINK TL-WN881ND, will it work in second PCI-E slot of my motherboard?
Parts from a Mac will work in Windows - just download the bootcamp drivers for the mac card.

Second slot is way below the First one, so it is not a problem of clearance, I just wanted to "save" the fast PCI-E slot for something diffrent to use it in the future (maby a super-fast SSD?) and utilize slower PCI slot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back