Contribute
Register

Which one is better for Hackintosh? Thinkpad P70, Zbook 17 G3 or Dell Precision 7710

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
W540
CPU
i7-4900 MQ
Graphics
Quadro K2100M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello.
Right now I'm considering these workstations:

Dell Precision 7710 with 4K Display, i7 6920HQ + Intel HD 530, Quadro M4000M
Thinkpad P70 with the same specs
also , HP Zbook 17 G3, Dreamcolor, same specs as above.

Which one would do better on Hackintosh?

Thank you very much.

Hello.
Right now I'm considering these workstations:

Dell Precision 7710 with 4K Display, i7 6920HQ + Intel HD 530, Quadro M4000M
Thinkpad P70 with the same specs
also , HP Zbook 17 G3, Dreamcolor, same specs as above.

Which one would do better on Hackintosh?

Thank you very much.

Read about Skylake: http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

And laptop FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hi.
What I'm asking is if today you can install MacOs on these machines with full compatibility.

Read the FAQ and all linked topics.
After that you should have a feel for the issues and procedures for hackintosh laptops.

Read the FAQ and all linked topics.
After that you should have a feel for the issues and procedures for hackintosh laptops.
Well... after reading the FAC's... I will try to ask the question in another way to see if I receive another type of response.
Has anyone managed to install and operate 100% MacOs on these machines specifically ?.

Thanks.

Well ... read the FAC's ... I will try to ask the question in another way to see if I receive another type of response.
Has anyone managed to install and operate 100% MacOs on these machines specifically ?.

Thanks.

No such thing as 100% hack laptop. There are *always* things not working correctly or other compromises to be made.
For example, in all the laptops you mention everyone has dual-GPU where only the Intel graphics will be supported.
(and that is very clear had you read the FAQ).

If you need 100%, purchase a laptop from Apple.

(and that is very clear had you read the FAQ).
Only thing I have found about it:
Discrete graphics: Many laptops that have AMD Radeon or Nvidia GeForce discrete graphics utilize a switching mechanism to switch from integrated graphics (Intel HD) to the discrete card when the situation demands. This type of switching does not work in OS X and generally it means disabling the discrete capability in BIOS. If your BIOS does not allow it to be disabled, it can complicate the installation procedure (you may have to delete the related kexts). Also, it is possible that the discrete card is still drawing power even though you are not using it in OS X, so try to find a laptop without discrete graphics.
Operation that I do not know if it is like this in these laptops.
This is why I ask if anyone has managed to operate 100 € any of these workstations.

If you need 100%, purchase a laptop from Apple.
These workstations have expresscard. Apple has stopped including it for quite some time, but to me it is essential.
The same goes for the screen size of 17.3 ".
If there was a current Macbook Pro with these two characteristics I would have it working and I would not be looking for other alternatives.

I need MacOS ... but also 17.3 "and expresscard.
A shame.

Thanks for your attention anyway.

A greeting.

As you already know (I suppose) these workstations have expresscard. Apple has stopped including it for quite some time, but to me it is essential.

Express card and most devices you might connect to it not likely to work with macOS/OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back